98 body swap to 2010 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

98 body swap to 2010

ahmos

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 xlt
HI explorer experts..
I have 98 xlt explorer.. Can I swap the body with 2010 on the same 98 frame.. And if so, can I also swap motor and transmission and axles and chassis parts like control arms and suspension on the 98 frame?!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I really doubt that anything would be interchangeable between a '98 and a 2010. Is the 2010 even still body-on-frame?

Many parts will interchange from '95-'01 (second Gen's) but a 2010 is a totally different animal.

I really doubt that anything would be interchangeable between a '98 and a 2010. Is the 2010 even still body-on-frame?

Many parts will interchange from '95-'01 (second Gen's) but a 2010 is a totally different animal.

Was body on frame up to 2010 surprisingly..

However, the wheel base is different and the length is different. Completely different suspension and body mounting points.. the bumpers wouldn't line up.

Honestly, I don't see why you'd even try to do this..?

Honestly I'm thinking about this because I'm from Egypt. Customs are very high a used 98 explorer costs about 11000$ and used 2010 explorer costs about 44000$. But I can buy a used 2010 from USA as spare parts only (they cut the frame into two pieces at Customs)and only change the body after having a permission to do so.
So another question what about 2004 swap on my old one?!

I don't see how it's even possible, 02-05 and 06-10 are still body on frame, but completely different from a 2nd Gen Explorer. Frame, suspensions, trans, engines, mounts etc are all different.

Back