• Register Today It's free!

98 EB 5.0 AWD Front Diff

morbid81

Reaction score
City, State
Keller,TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 5.0L AWD Eddie Bauer
Anyone know which Front Diff is in this model year? Its 1998 X with 5.0L Motor EB Edition AWD. I need to replace my front axle seals, the dealer was unable to go back that far to tell me. Rockauto lists two parts for different diffs. Cant see the front cover for a stamp obviously because its blocked by the front cross member, there was no tag hanging off it anywhere. Any info would be much appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone know which Front Diff is in this model year? Its 1998 X with 5.0L Motor EB Edition AWD. I need to replace my front axle seals, the dealer was unable to go back that far to tell me. Rockauto lists two parts for different diffs. Cant see the front cover for a stamp obviously because its blocked by the front cross member, there was no tag hanging off it anywhere. Any info would be much appreciated.

well, it will be the same as the rear diff (3:73 is pretty common). do you sill have the build sticker on the driver door jam? i think axle code "D" is the code for 3:73. you can also check the rear diff for a tag.

My build stick is faded on the drivers side door, here are the two diffs listed on rock auto for the front, Spicer 35-SLA; 7.59" R.G. and Dana/Spicer 35 Axle (this is listed for the AWD version). The other doesn't list for which drive train. They also don't state which gear ratio it is for.

You want Timken part numbers 710428 and 710429

Thanks Turdle info is much appreciated. Pretty sad dealer couldn't even help me out.

Back