98 Eddie Bauer deer-collision project | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

98 Eddie Bauer deer-collision project

bryansr

Reaction score
City, State
Northern Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Eddie Bauer
I smacked my 1st deer in 35 years of driving back in December, which ended up totaling my EB, but I bought it back for next to nothing to fix. The damage was limited to the headlights/corner marker lights, grille, header panel, a leaky tranny cooler, and a small dent in the hood that I won't bother with fixing.

I have the grille, header,and lights removed to start sourcing them, but noticed today when I reconnected the battery that the right turn signal won't stop flashing. I removed all of the front bulbs but it's still flashing, just faster. Any idea what could be causing this? This is without the signal on, and when I move the stalk to the left turn, the right signal is still flashing on the dash.

Also, can anyone recommend somewhere to get headlights? I've seen the complete sets on eBay and Amazon for 80 to $100, but are they gonna get cloudy faster?

Thanks, Bryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you looking for new, used, OEM, or aftermarket headlights?

Are you looking for new, used, OEM, or aftermarket corner lights?

Toypaseo, I just don't want used, and not sure how good the aftermarkets are.

I've used aftermarket headlights in many of my vehicles with no problems. The most common problem I've heard about is fogging from moisture. But this can be easily fixed by spreading a sealant along the seal to insure a good seal...

I've used aftermarket headlights in many of my vehicles with no problems. The most common problem I've heard about is fogging from moisture. But this can be easily fixed by spreading a sealant along the seal to insure a good seal...

This is a stupid thing to say on my part but, is the 4-way "hazard" button on?

Also.. maybe the lights being removed/smashed is causing some strangeness.
I'd probably fix all the lights and then investigate the flasher and then multifunction switch(turn signal stalk)

check the dash stalk and replace the flasher relay (both hazard and indicator) is it flashing fast or regular speed?

Bryan, I just put 2 new aftermarket headlights in our 99 Explorer & they look & fit just like the factory ones I took out.

Back