Elite Pickler
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 UK XLT, 99 Sport V8,
Hi,

Looking for a good condition tan leather seat base for a 98 Eddie Bauer.

I'm in the UK. I'm happy to pay shipping

Would prefer passenger side as less wear usually.

thanks in advance

Si

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Many models may work for you and be close in shape and color. Look for seats from the 95-01 range, as well as some 1st gen seats. You might do well to consider an upholstery shop, which can do a good job rebuilding the foam etc, and covering it well. Many of the seats are similar, so lots to choose from, but making a match you will like may take some time.

The Eddie Bauer has perforated leather compared to the other models. I don't want to have to swap all 4 seat covers. As shipping to UK would cripple this resto

Si

I understand. I have seen EB seats from 1992 on that may be the same as yours, the EB had a nice seat in every model. I'm thinking you may find a match from other years and models, but the specific material may be available or by upholstery shops.

I tried to post a picture here of my 98 Mountaineer seat, but we can't do that easily in this section.

Here is a link from an old 2013 thread, 99 Mountaineer seats for sale in tan. See if those are close enough for the bottom seat material, and the color.

This below shows my grey Mountaineer seats, a close view to see the perforations.
View attachment 328653

This is a 98 Mountaineer seat for reference, a closer view.

message me tomorrow si. if a 96 is the same, i might have one, but i dont know what shape the leather is in. it has seat covers on it

If those could work, the color and material is likely the same for all 97-01 Mountaineers with leather interiors.

message me tomorrow si. if a 96 is the same, i might have one, but i dont know what shape the leather is in. it has seat covers on it
98 was light tan, previous years were darker.

Thanks though bud

Si

Ford changed colors a lot in 1998-99, there were two greys, the dark grey was new, and the light grey stopped in 1999. It sounds like they did the same with tan, so the 98-01 tan might be what you want.

Did you try looking for a replacement on ebay? They sell new leather coverings on there. May be cheaper just to go to a local shop and have it done. Or there is always seat covers 😛

Back