98 Ex XLT "Loki" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

98 Ex XLT "Loki"

This is Loki. Bought him for 2200 bucks with 134k on the clock from an elderly couple. He is named Loki for the simple reasons that he creates the oddest of issues (Current of which, parking lamps will not shut off) Prior owners hit a deer with him, so i have replaced the drivers side fender. I love my x, there are many like it, but this one is mine. Has the 5.0 v8, and is AWD (Currently in 2wd till i get the front driveshaft rebalanced)

20_1584574855176_1259900904_1617704_6774686_n-Copy.jpg

44_1545853487166_1259900904_1505157_7611894_n-Copy.jpg

45_1545852447140_1259900904_1505156_2433459_n-Copy.jpg

45_1584391170584_1259900904_1616953_7529425_n-Copy.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice x u got there

looks good!! I'm out in Estacada every so often, maybe I'll see ya around

Sounds great, Flag me down! Just let me know who you are :D I actually live a little above estacada, might be moving to clackamas here in the next month or two, found a house out there, still havent decided yet if the lady and i are going to spring.

Anyways, to update, Got parking lamps fixed, installed yellow beam fog lamps to replace the stock ones (huge difference) and swapping the door speakers out with the Sony Xplod (i ended up blowing the stock ones) now deciding on if I want to continue modding my stereo or if I want to get projectors for it. Photos to follow

looks good!! I'm out in Estacada every so often, maybe I'll see ya around

Sure, Will do! My Explorer's pretty hard to miss....I do need to update my registry, though!!

I'd go for projectors next....I was going to on mine, but wound up spending the $$ on something else this weekend:-(

Sounds great, Flag me down! Just let me know who you are :D I actually live a little above estacada, might be moving to clackamas here in the next month or two, found a house out there, still havent decided yet if the lady and i are going to spring.

Anyways, to update, Got parking lamps fixed, installed yellow beam fog lamps to replace the stock ones (huge difference) and swapping the door speakers out with the Sony Xplod (i ended up blowing the stock ones) now deciding on if I want to continue modding my stereo or if I want to get projectors for it. Photos to follow

Well its been a while. Ended up getting a new house (yay) Ball joints, tie rods went bad (boo) So she is down and ive rotated back to the saturn until i have time to get her front end redone. Ill post some new photos here soon. Ive also messed with a couple of things to make it more comfortable for me.

Well, a friend of mine (Interceptor1985) Came across a 97 with a branded title. So Loki is getting upgraded. Leather seats going in, random this and that, new hood, new header panel, new headlamps, gonna strip the running gear, and probably the interior, may even take the doors as well and store them away. OH and got free Raybestos Quiet Stop Ceramic front pads! They were in the back of the parts explorer, not installed. If you wish to see photos, hit the facebook link, feel free to add, however the albums are public as well.

Looking good Russ! been following along on FB, and you're making some serious progress!

Not to mention a cunning name :D

Keep up the good work sir!

Back