98 explorer 5.0 cyl6 miss bank2 lean | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

98 explorer 5.0 cyl6 miss bank2 lean

98-5.slow

Reaction score
City, State
Nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explorer 5.0
All new plugs wires cool packs injector and good compression new iac valve and new mass air. Stumped and out of ideas of what it could be. Tried a million times spraying ale writhing unable to find a vacume leak don't think that's it. Maybe a sensor what are some things to test I'm so lost.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have a boo at your rail pressure. Could be a fuel filter of fuel pump, they like to starve the 2 end cylinders when they go.

Could be, however 6 is not on the end, and how do the other 7 have enough pressure to fire?

If the problem was present before replacing all of the above parts, then I would suspect the fuel injector harness. You can rig an LED test light to see if the injector signal is at the plug. Any 12v led light will do for this.

To the OP, what color are your new injectors, and which color were the originals? Where did you get the replacements?

Think its time for a noid light to verify injector #6 is getting a signal from the PCM to open.

Could be a bad driver in the PCM or simply a bad wire or loose connection.

I'd also remove the #6 spark plug and do a compression test to make sure the cylinder i otherwise healthy.

Yes did a comp test they are all at 148-150. And the new injector is the same color from my buddy who use to have a mustang. It's hard to get a noid light on without pulling intake also I ohmed the injector before hand and it matches the others in the motor also touched it with a screwdriver and can hear it ticking away. And what would be proper rail pressure.?

Back