98 explorer cruise control switch issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

98 explorer cruise control switch issue

lrsuttles

Reaction score
City, State
Willow spring nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 explorer xls
Replaced cruise control switches on steering wheel. Afterward the speed control light on dashboard is blinking on and off also dash lights went out.After reading some post I changed the switch on the master cylinder. Light stilling flashing. Any advice will help . Thanks

Did you disconnect the battery cable before starting the project. You may have blown a fuse if not. Did you get the connections backwards, not difficult to do.

Replaced cruise control switches on steering wheel. Afterward the speed control light on dashboard is blinking on and off also dash lights went out.After reading some post I changed the switch on the master cylinder. Light stilling flashing. Any advice will help . Thanks
Inspect the cruise control module/gear box
Above the washer fluid tank is the cruise control module sometimes I've seen the internal gears seize many Ford vehicles have a similar control module the only difference between vehicles is the mounting bracket and the PCB board the gear box part is interchangeable In my experience you can take the PCB board off remove the 10mm bolt holding it to the fender then remove 4 torx 20 screws then be gentle pull off PCB and the internal gears should move by hand

Attachments

• 15931472337937908242207635169129.jpg
    15931472337937908242207635169129.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 92

Back