98 Explorer Projector-style headlight conversion? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

98 Explorer Projector-style headlight conversion?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is no kit. I'd love to see it done though!

DETROIT FIRE:

welcome to the site!

i go to school at U of D, so i love to see more locals on here!

my 96 has projectors- ya'll don't know what your talking about;)

the kit is called- a mountie front end from 01 and is available at your local ford dealer or ford parts discounter

i have pics up in modified explorations

oh- it should cost around 600 for everything, and the performance difference is incredible light output wise- and i haven't even installed the hid's yet (right now i'm just running silverstars for a few weeks while i wait for my school work to die down so i have time to mess around with the install)

I should get some HID's some time, maybe make some projectors from something work. Any pics of your lights?

there is a thread in modified explorations on my conversion- if i weren't at a computer lab right now i'd post them for you here- maybe someone else can do that for me

Are those Projector headlights or just the clear lenses that take the 9007 bulb? I didnt think ford made any projectors for the Exp/Mtr line.

Originally posted by expo5.0
there is a thread in modified explorations on my conversion- if i weren't at a computer lab right now i'd post them for you here- maybe someone else can do that for me

attachment.php

Your welcome!!! ;)

And this is what Expo 5.0 used to look like.........
7168threequarter.jpg

Just wondering if anyone has a website to refer me to to purchase the kit. MTW: I just ofund out the Explorer is a 99, not that that prolly makes a difference...

hey expo? so the mountie is a projector setup? your saying my mounty has projectors? wow i didnt kno that..?

Back