'98 Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'98 Explorer Sport

1998 Explorer Sport 4x4 - SOHC V6, Grey leather interior, 36,000 miles on it right now.

mycarside.jpg

mycar.jpg

Hopefully the pictures work..

As you can see, my car is exactly like Jornum1's 98 explorer..but there are mods on his.

There is some rear sag as you can kind of see in the picture, while driving it is more severe. By Lowering the front later I hope to fix this.
Only mods on it right now are the piaa's on the front and bluish/white headlights. You can see the difference in the headlights and the fog lights:

lights.jpg

Wishlist:
Explorer Express lowering kit
Edelbrock Shocks
New rear sway bar from EE
Clearcorners
17 inch wheels with New Tires (Pirelli scorpions maybe)
Custom Exhaust

Any other ideas let me know..

Brandon Mueller

That's a cool truck Brandon. I wish I have the SOHC engine. Mine can really use more power. Just a question, I noticed that you can turn the fogs on with the parking lights on, was it wired that way or did you wire it yourself??

bmuller: factory wheels

I noticed in your wish list you wanted same new wheels.
I have a 1996 Sport with the hoof print style rims. I really like the rim model of the later models like yours. Was wondering if you would be interested in selling them? Let me know something, please.
Thanks

96explorereddiebauer:

The SOHC engine really rocks on the sport...As far as the fog lights, my headlights are probably aimed either too low in that picture for them to be seen or they are just not easily seen because of their whitish color now. The middle PIAA's can be turned on whenever I feel like it, but I do not have it wired so that the stock fogs can be on without the headlights.

SC4x4Sport'96:

Well, Right now I am not going to sell them because I don't really have enough money for the rims/tires I would like to put on it. If I ever do decide to sell them I'll let you know. My new rims will probably most definitely be a Cobra R of some sort..

Brandon

Back