• Register Today It's free!

98 Explorer suspension questions

sandrat84

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer
I have a 98 explorer and its my daily driver. When I do play with it its on fire roads and desert. Does anyone make a suspension setup with coilovers for it? Looking at a mid level suspension. Then in the rear in contemplating rearching my stock springs or upgrade to deavers. Any input is appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know I can convert to coilovers. In wanting more of a mid to long travel setup with wider a arms, shock hoops, etc. I know Dixon bros use to make a setup but I heard they were bought out.

Facebook, shmacebook. This is the real Explorer online info source! Look at that search find! Just look at it.... Look at it!

I see your a new-ish member, and still in the stage where the unknown is why your here. Learning to use the search feature is Key to using this forum & eliminating the waiting for responses, the need to ask others questions, and gives you the ultimate resource at your fingertips on demand.

Dono here gave you a good amount of information, using the search bar. He took the time away from his wife & life, searched it out for you, then shared it with you. (Thanks Dono) Once you learn the ropes, hopefully become a part of the community, you can graciously pay it forward too.

I seen your thread on the 98 with what you have done so far. Keep at it & good luck with the build.

Back