98 explorer torsion conversion | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

98 explorer torsion conversion

98 explorer coil over mounting brackets. Looking to buy some anyone selling or willing to make?

• Buying coil over brackets

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 98 explorer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

John turner

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas nv
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Ford Explorer 4.0 2wd
New to this, I have a 98 explorer 2wd 4.0 with torsion bars. I’m more or less looking to remove the torsion bars and keys to convert to coil overs.
Question is what do I all need to do to my front end to put in coil overs?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Contact these guys:
Ford

Thank you guys, actually a big help.

Still on the hunt for the brackets hopefully I hear back soon from me00stepside

Still on the hunt for the brackets hopefully I hear back soon from me00stepside
@John turner
Why do you want to do this? A lot of aggravation and expense, unless reconfiguring the vehicle to some kind of specialized service.

I once bought a '99 which had been driven down an embankment, the RH torsion bar bent. I managed to get it removed with difficulty, and carefully straightened it using my hydraulic press. I seem to recall lower control arm was bent, replaced it, Got things back together, and it tracked just as nice as pie! Had bought vehicle hoping such fix possible, a new experience for me, it worked. Ladies who bought it were pleased, so was I. imp

I want to do it because i don’t want the torsion bars anymore and I want to upgrade my suspension. Idk what your trying to get at with that story? You lost me. But ok. I want a better ride I want the ability to move up and do more to my suspension if wanted too. There’s a lot of reason I’m doing this. Mostly just to ditch the torsion bars.

Does anyone know or have the dimensions and specs for explorer/ranger coilover mount brackets? No one sells or makes them as far as I’ve seen. So with that being said I’ll take a shot at making the brackets myself.

Idk, don’t know how to contact him.

Says best way to get ahold of him email.... he doesn’t list his email or a way to find it. Idk I’ll look again from page one.

6/24/14
ME00Stepside
Please do not message me here for coilover brackets. I don't come on RF a ton, and I often don't see the visitor messages for a while. Best bet is to go to the suspension forum and check out the thread, titled coilover brackets. Go to the last few pages and you'll see all the info on ordering. You can also email me directly at sbeau1@metrocast.net, and I'll get that much quicker.

Back