'98 Limited street X - Pic's and breakdown of mod's. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'98 Limited street X - Pic's and breakdown of mod's.

I got the truck for free from my parents because my Camaro (1996 ex highway patrol B4C) became not suitable as a daily driver anymore (It's a monster) and I have slowly been working on this instead. I have had it for about 3.5 years. I don't have to many pics but I have a few.

-1998 4.0 SOHC. 150k on the body and trans, about 30k on the engine rebuild. Crankshaft pully broke clean off.

-Custom air filter - Auto zone cone air filter. I ground down the MAF housing round. No adapter plate.
-Removed the orange reflector from the headlights. - Found the "how to" on the forum here.
-I re-painted the front bumper stripe. The tan had faded to an odd silver and black mix.
-Chrome door pillar stick on accents, stainless steel, 6 pieces. - Ebay.
-Removed the roof rack, partially.
-Lowered the front about 3 to 3.5 inches. Airbagit.com re-indexed keys with no adjuster bolts in.
-2 inch block in the back.
-Mid grade auto zone replacement shocks.
-7 inch in dash dvd touch screen. Valor 700W. Works great and looks great for cheap.
-Bazooka amp EL 2150 bridged at 2 ohms, 3 12's, mtx 6000's wired in series, 2 farad cap. DP audio super tweeters. Polk Audio 8 inch sub to replace the factory one. I blew it the 2nd day I had the truck.
-Radar detector mounted above the rear view mirror. Wired to the left map light switch to turn off and on.
-22 inch Velocity Racing U2-75 chrome wheels, 10.5 wide on Kumho 420s 265/35/22 tires.
-Clear/Euro tailights - Ebay.
-Painted ford logo's and third brake light white. Removed EXPLORER and Limited logo's.
-Painted all my bulbs with high temp silver engine paint in the clear housings. Light coat.

To do:

-Install new bulbs for the headlights and fog lights. Have not arrived yet.
-Paint radio dash bezel and map light trim white.
-Tint front 2 windows.
-Make my own mesh grill to fit in the limited grill.
-Maybe go to 3 inch blocks in the rear.
-Maybe paint the mirrors and running board black plastic white.
-Maybe add a white vinyl strip along the top of the windshield (6 - 8 inches thick) for that "chopped" look.
- etc.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

take off the stick on chrome, that is all.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Haven't been doing to much to it lately. Been riding the bike everyday. I did kill the door ding/bong buzzer notice though when the key is in.

3 phillips head screws and it looks like this. Now no more annoying bong when the key is in and the door is open.

IMAG0032.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

So thats what that little son-of-a-***** looks like!

Passenger side window was broken. Whole dash including the screen was taken. Tons of dvds and cds stolen. Guess our secure parking at work isn't so secure...

IMAG0035.jpg

Oh man that sucks :(. Nice x though. Im more of an off road guy but I gotta say thats one of the nicer street x's I have seen.

Aw man that sucks, I cant believe you got 5400 though thats great!

How in the F does someone doing 70 hit a stopped vehicle? People still amaze me.

looks like the Malibu got more f'ed up than the ex did

probably texting while driving, or drunk

It was 6:30 in the morning and the dude was tweaking bad. He was on something for sure. No dl, no insurance, no cell phone. The odd thing was I was in the exit ramp a little on the shoulder bc this highway is terrible. It goes from 70 to 0 all the time for no reason. I saw him in my rear view almost drifting right before he hit me but there was nothing I could do.

All the police gave him was 2 tickets. At least his Malibu was totaled as well. It wasn't registered to him either. Hope whoever owned it beat his ass.

The steel bumper and receiver hitch took most of the force from his car. Drove the X home 30 miles without a problem.

My girlfriends sister has a boyfriend who drives without a license it amazes me how stupid these people are...

Hey was wondering where you got your clear headlights from?

that sux ur explorer limited was totaled but nice honda s2000 u plan on doing mods to it

Jumpman - You mean taillights or clear corners?

As far as the S2K. Have done a full stereo system, dynamat, everything. Full exhaust, intake, eibach springs, some cosmetic stuff, and trying to decide on rims currently.

Saving for a supercharger. Bolt ons don't help this car to much.

I meant Clear headlights. I have clear corner lights I need some clear headlights now.

Back