• Register Today It's free!

'98 Suspension lift help

SamOeser

Reaction score
City, State
Templeton, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer XL
Hi I just got my 98 Ford Explorer and I've been looking around for a suspension lift but I can't find anything. I want something around 4-6 lift and under 600. I've looked around and it has given me lots of options for ranger lift kits but I'm not sure if that will be compatible with my car. Any help will be great! Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome.

Welcome to the forums, finding a suspension lift for that price is going to be tough all the suspension lifts for our trucks from what I believe have been discontinued besides Dixon bros long travel kit but that is 2500 I think, the only other ones is superlift, rcd, and trailmaster, all of which have to be bought used, rcd is a 5.5" lift and is next to impossible to find one used because they converted the torison bars to coilovers and are like gold. Superlift is all drop brackets and you retain the factory torison bars by dropping everything 4" now someone did fab up brackets to lose the torison bars and install coilovers, and the trailmaster lift is a 4" lift and has drop brackets but instead of new knuckles like the other two companies supplied this one uses ball joint spacers to make up the difference. And all of these lifts were made specifically and sold for 98 and up ford rangers but our suspensions are identical so you have to buy one for a 98 and up ranger. I hope this helps good luck with your search and if you have any question don't hesitate to ask someone will be able to help with it

You can always crank your torison bars and get a shackle for the rear or get torison keys and the shackle. Maxing your bars should get you roughly 2" of lift and the warrior 158 shackle is a 2" lift shackle

It's actually Warrior 153's, And you only crank your torsion bars enough to lift the front 2". Anymore puts too much stress on the CV axles and you'll blow through em. I have a 96 and did the pro-comp 13120 add-a-leafs in the rear, plus cheapy Auto Zone shackles. Cranked up the t-bars 2" in the front and I comfortably run 31's. You can add a 3" body lift to that and be able to fit 33's. All described would be less than $500 for the lift.

Back