98 V8 AWD needs Rockauto parts recommendations for front end rebuild | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

98 V8 AWD needs Rockauto parts recommendations for front end rebuild

usaexplorer

Reaction score
My aunt has a 98 Explorer V8 AWD, hi mileage. All original parts I'm sure. Has trouble with it pulling to one side. worse with higher speeds.

Although I don't believe in just throwing parts at a problem, At it's age, It probably has worn bushings and needs "everything" to make it "young" again.

My source will be rockauto.

What parts do you recommend? What brand is best for the hub bearings (and are 4wd and awd parts the same?)

Remember, any front end parts that might be worn, are ok to suggest replacement.
Thanks!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

pull is controlled by alignment issues, or a dragging brake,, i would suggest an inspection at a alignment shop.

they will know exactly what is suffering , and that takes the throwing parts at it away right away,,

could be as simple as just setting the caster again, which is the one thing that can change the way it handles the fastest,
bad caster numbers can make a nice truck handle like crap,

pull is controlled by alignment issues, or a dragging brake,, i would suggest an inspection at a alignment shop.

they will know exactly what is suffering , and that takes the throwing parts at it away right away,,

could be as simple as just setting the caster again, which is the one thing that can change the way it handles the fastest,
bad caster numbers can make a nice truck handle like crap,

:thumbsup: I agree. I have a pulling problem in my AWD Ex when one of the front tires is low, it doesn't necessarily have to be a major mechanical fault. If it turns out that parts do need to be replaced, I would suggest hubs made in the USA and bushings by MOOG.

Back