Mods:
255/60/17 Toyo proxies
17x9 Cobra R replica wheels
Lowered 3" in rear with blocks
Lowered 3" in front with torsion flip/twist
Front and Rear Powerslot brake rotors
MAC Intake
EE Airdam
Autometer Gauges(Tranny temp & Oil Pressure)
Paint Matched Exterior Parts
Edelbrock IAS Shocks for lowered vehicles
EE Rear Swaybar
Reverse Indiglo Whiteface gauges
NU Image A/C white face gauges
True Duals 50 Series Flowmasters
Apten Dual Program Chip
Ventvisor window deflectors
Clear corner lenses
SS Speed Grille
Billet Antenna

12-28-03--037.jpg

14802TFN003-med.jpg

14802TFN021-med.jpg

14802TFN009-med.jpg

14802TFN002-med.jpg

14802TFN023-med.jpg

14802TFN020-med.jpg

14802TFN005.jpg

True Dual Flowmasters
12-28-03--015.jpg

14802TFN015-med.jpg

Upcoming mods:

FMS headers
Phoenix Imaging Carbon Fiber Dash kit

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is sweet bro. What did you pay for the wheel and tire set up? And did you run true duals all the way out? or just two in single out muffler? Either way how much did you pay for that 3"?

I like it. What else to you have planned for it?

Did you notice a loss of low end when you get to the 3"? Or did you get your KKM first?

Thanks guys!:cool:

explorer4x493 - My wheel setup cost me about $1600 total. The wheels are from EE. As for my exhaust I'm running a dual in single out flowmaster which cost me about $300.

section525 - I got my kkm about same time as my exhaust so no noticeable loss of power with the 3". It actually added more power. Future plans are to get the X-charger and maybe a cam swap later this year. There are others but there's too many to list.;)

Ted

Looks awesome bro. Did you do the torsion twist in the front to match the 3"drop in the rear? I was under the impression that tt method wouldnt go that low.

Ya, I did a torsion twist up front but only got it down to about 2 1/4" on the left side. I even took the bolt all the way out. The right side can go down a little more but don't want it to be uneven. The front does sit higher than the rear. I'm gonna shave a bit off the blocks to bring the rear up some.

The amount of drop the tt method gives you, varies with each vehicle

Looks great Ted! Haven't seen you around town yet.
Hey do the local law enforcement ever pull you over for no front plate? Just wondering. A buddy of mine just got a ticket for it from CVPD.

Thanks FLYIN!

Nope, haven't been pulled over yet. I've had the plate off since I bought it new and never had a prob. Thanks for reminding me though, cause I need to keep the plate in the X just in case.;)

Ted

Originally posted by TAS98xlt
Ya, I did a torsion twist up front but only got it down to about 2 1/4" on the left side. I even took the bolt all the way out. The right side can go down a little more but don't want it to be uneven. The front does sit higher than the rear. I'm gonna shave a bit off the blocks to bring the rear up some.

The amount of drop the tt method gives you, varies with each vehicle

You do know there is a stage 2 to that torsion twist right? Did you just unscrew the torsion adjuster bolts all the way they could go to match? Or did you also flip the torsion bars??? This should achieve you all the drop you need to let the front sit level or even a little lower if you so desire it to. Alot of people have forgot about that option over the past year and a half or so. They think they can just undo the bolts and that is all the drop they can get out of it. Just ask if you want any more info.

Thanks for the info rocket, but I did the torsion flip not too long ago. I had a $%@&?!! hard time with it though. Finally got some decent pics of the results.3" rear and about 3 1/4" front.

14802TFN014-med.jpg

Nice and clean, looks great! Does your new drop mean that you have to get your cambers readjusted and tires realigned?

TAS98xlt - what kind of angle are your front tires at???? I went with a 2" drop in the front and ran out of caster/camber adjustment... i needed to raise the truck up about 1/2 an inch.

Originally posted by PUR PONY
TAS98xlt - what kind of angle are your front tires at???? I went with a 2" drop in the front and ran out of caster/camber adjustment... i needed to raise the truck up about 1/2 an inch.

I'm not sure what the angle is, but it is off. You can sort of tell in the picture.

Tas, your truck looks Very Hot! That color and the chrome and your grill and the clears Looks Fantastic! If you could get clear tails or red out the yellow that would look great too!

I don't know if you mentioned it and I missed it but how do you like the ride after doing the tortion flip? Is the ride too stiff for everyday driving?

Originally posted by X~FACTOR
I don't know if you mentioned it and I missed it but how do you like the ride after doing the tortion flip? Is the ride too stiff for everyday driving?
Yeah, it pretty much sux. It is really harsh on rough roads, so I dont recommend it unless you dont mine sacrificing ride quality.

HMMMMM Ride quality versus Racing quality..................................................................................................I think I will go with racing quality. lol.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by rocket 5979
You do know there is a stage 2 to that torsion twist right? Did you just unscrew the torsion adjuster bolts all the way they could go to match? Or did you also flip the torsion bars??? This should achieve you all the drop you need to let the front sit level or even a little lower if you so desire it to. Alot of people have forgot about that option over the past year and a half or so. They think they can just undo the bolts and that is all the drop they can get out of it. Just ask if you want any more info.

I need some help !! Can you please help me understand how to do the stage 2 torsion twist on my 98 XLT ??? Any info would be appreciated !! Thxs in advance ...

Back