98 XLT Door Ajar Sensor..........?????????? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

98 XLT Door Ajar Sensor..........??????????

OLDJIMMYBONES

Reaction score
City, State
LI, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer XLT
When i open my drivers door the lights dont go on, and the chime dosent work, so i poped the door panel off and the sensor was snaped off, so i went and got a new one from ford. do i have to remove the latch to install this? or is it possable to get it changed with out?

also my drivers side mirror light (the light under the side mirror) dosent work, i changer the bulb and still nothing, all my fuses are fine..... any ideas??

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As for the mirror lights on my '98 I noticed that if I had the dash light illumination wheel set to full bright the puddle lamps would not turn on but if I rotated it down just a bit the puddle lamps would illuminate. Why? I have never figured it out it just does it.

thanks, i checked the socket and it wasent rusted or anything and the wires esposed looked fine but the rest are rin through to door so i cant follow it to see but im going to try the voltage meter to the socket and sii maby if for some reason its not connecting

oh and on the latch, theres 3 screws on the out side of the door, it only connected by those? this complicated or like a 20min thing

As for the mirror lights on my '98 I noticed that if I had the dash light illumination wheel set to full bright the puddle lamps would not turn on but if I rotated it down just a bit the puddle lamps would illuminate. Why? I have never figured it out it just does it.

ill run out and give it a try, but im not sure it will because when i hit the unlock button on the keypad, the passangers side lights up and not the drivers but ill go check and see. thanks

ill run out and give it a try, but im not sure it will because when i hit the unlock button on the keypad, the passangers side lights up and not the drivers but ill go check and see. thanks

These things can be evil. If one is working and the other is not I would say bulb even though mine did the same thing last week and without changing the bulb it just started to work again on its own.

These things can be evil. If one is working and the other is not I would say bulb even though mine did the same thing last week and without changing the bulb it just started to work again on its own.

well i bought a new bulb put it in and nothing so i put it in the passangers side to test it and it worked, so the bulb is good.

I got this car as a fixer upper and im at the bottom of my list of fixes, which are this, door ajar (in process) and pass door lock. so as much as i didnt care before, this is now my focus, but i need to fix it my self (no trips to ford repair garage (im broke))

Back