98 xlt electrical issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

98 xlt electrical issue

yametooo

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 xlt
i am hoping someone might be able to help me. i have a 98 eplr xlt, recently i noticed that when i turn off my truck the blower motors(front and rear), the power windows and the rear wiper all stay active. i have no clue what would cause this. a buddy and me ran through some trouble shooting. we checked the ign wires from the ignition switch and when the key is off both wires show disabled. i do have a viper alarm and auto start but the problem started over six months after instalation. we disconnected the units for the alarm and the problem still persistes. we have also disconnected the air controls as well as the rear radio controls and the power door locks and it doesn't appear to be a problem with them. also there is a module behind the passenger side kick plate that beeps a series of 5 beeps three times, not like the lights on or keys in the ignition beeps though. it happens when i turn the blowers off with the key still in the ignition. i am afraid to take it to ford because they'll probably charge me an arm and a leg to repair or diagnose it. also around the same time this started my airbag light came on not sure if it is related. please help.

Back