98FordX24's Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

98FordX24's Explorer

My name is Chris. I live in Pleasant Valley, NY. Here is a link to some pictures of my explorer. It is a 98 XLT 4X4 SOHC.

98FordX24's PICS

• Dual exhaust
  • Lowered 2 1/4" in the front and 1" in the back
  • KKM Tru-Rev intake
  • Superchip
  • Billet grille
  • Clear corners
  • Stereo system

Let me know what you think.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice...looks good... and welcome to the greatest xplorer site in the world

How did you do you dual exhaust?

I had the dual exhaust custom made by a local custom exhaust shop. The stock muffler what replaced with a dual in/dual out flowmaster muffler and the pipes were custom bent from there on out. I was a little worried of the sound I might get out of it but it pretty much sounds the same as a V8 with the same muffler. I'm very happy with it.

speaking of exhaust, i changed my stock muffler with a flowmaster 40 series 2 chamber. I think it is a little too quiet because of the cats so how would you think a cut-out would sound? but i also would like to keep it street legal which is why i am hesitant to take off the cats.

thanks

1992 Ford Explorer
4 inch superlift suspension kit
3 inch body lift
33x12.5 inch procomp mud terrain
k&n filter charger
15x10 alloys

well if you cut out the cats then you wont be legal. maybe you could go without tailpipe.

Hey Chris.. are you happy with the clear corners you have? What brand are they?

Also, how long after your truck was new did you remove the pen-striping? Is there any hint of fading? Thanks!

Very nice looking truck! You have the same model/year as mine but a different color.

Are those Cobra R rims?
Would you please elaborate on some of your mods?

Thanks

Thanks guys! I didnt notice any difference in the coloring when I took off the pinstripes. I took them off about 2 months. Then rims are cobra r's. Jonny 5 what mods would you like to know about?

What mufflers you using for your dual exhaust?
What lowering kit did you use?
What are the components of your stereo system?
Size and backspacing of the Cobra R, any rubbing?, Where did you get them?

Stuff like that, plus anything else you want to add.

Its a flowmaster 50 suv muffler dual in/dual out. For the lowering I just bought some 1" blocks from autozone and losened my torsion bolts almost all the way for about a 2" drop in the front. I dont really have much for a stereo. I have 2 cerwin vega subs in a bandpass box with a 600W kenwood amp and a JVC elkamelion. I got the cobra r's from www.gefracing.com and I think the back spacing is 24 and YES I do get rubbing. The rim rubs on the lower a-arm. I put some 5/16" spacers on and that stopped the rubbing but it also stripped my lug nuts which cost me about $40 to replace. That sucked. I hate not being able to turn the wheel all the way so I have to figure something out soon. Any other questions?

Back