99 4.0 shoc charging problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

99 4.0 shoc charging problems

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore Md...out back in a shack .behind my parents house
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
battery light on...low voltage ....new battery....had alternator checked...it was bad replaced it with new one..still have no charge to battery...removed alternator had it checked ...checked good...put back on...still no charge to battery ..lights dim....please any help...wiring and battery cables are very clean..truck starts fine....and runs until battery dies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Battery light = bad alternator usually, or broken serpentine causing the altenator not to charge

I would get the battery checked, just because it's new doesn't mean it can be defective, thats why they waranty them. Could be a bad/loose plate.

If anything, take it into a battery shop, and have the full circuit tested together.

I used 3 different batteries...I swapped all my batteries from by other cars..

found problem ....no bad battery...no bad alt.. no bad wires.............next to fuse box .is a 175a fuse..found was bad..........truck is perfect........

Where Exactly is this fuse? And would this cause a Low charge issue?

This is the MEGA Fuse in th4 underhood fuse panel...

If this fuse blows, the battery voltage to the alternator is not present...So no matter how good the alternator or battery are, the alternator gets no voltage and cannot generate power...

Ah, not the same problem I'm having.

That's my next step, I'm currently broke though so hopefully nothing bad happens until I can get my first check. (just got a new job)

Back