• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

99 5.0 Intake Vacuum Diagram

Jameson1881

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer XLT
I just finished digging down to put in new intake manifold gasket and replace some cracked vacuum hoses. Fire it up and will not run. I found that I have left a vacuum line open but have no clue what goes to it. Really don't want to yank this intake again! Does anybody have a good picture/diagram of the vacuum lines?

The one I missed is on the back of the upper intake between the intake and the firewall. It's just below the top and points straight toward the firewall. I have the tree attached below. Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Turdle

Lowrider
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
Pointing straight back would be pcv vacuum, joined with another using the f shaped fitting and u shaped hose;

012_zps828403a8.jpg

Jameson1881

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer XLT
Thanks for the pic. It's the one on the right hand side of your picture that has nothing attached to it. My F fitting seems to be just a T but still goes to PCV.

Turdle

Lowrider
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
I'm not 100% on this but I believe it is the vacuum feed for the fuel pressure regulator and egr solenoid. Might be a white-red and green vacuum bundle.

Jameson1881

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer XLT
All those lines were shot on mine so I had to make up new lines. Very well could be I just forgot to add that into the FPR bundle. Thanks I'll see if I can find that diagram.