• Register Today It's free!

99 cavalier problems

Currency

Reaction score
City, State
Bedford Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4x4
Alright, I have had a 99 cavalier for over a year now. The person I bought it from lied and I ended up shelling out $375 for another motor and spent a few days swapping them out.

I had a buddy haul it around 15 miles on his rollback and that cost $35. Super sweet deal.

Either way something messed up somewhere along the install and it just cranks over and over with nothing going on. Everyone has told me it is the stupid passlock alarm system but the alarm light is not on or flashing. It's not getting any spark or gas and that is why everyone points to the passlock system.

Since it does not run I cannot see if it putting out any CE codes. It's a nice car and I bought it for my girlfriend and to me its just $1,000 pile of scrap sitting in the yard.

I have tried every single thing online to reset the alarm system, talked to GM techs and past techs and nothing works at all. Can anyone help me with this?

Well I have a few things I am going to try to fix this problematic POS car. If I cannot get it running in the next few weeks I'm gonna trade it and my 94 Sunbird in on a 2000 Explorer that is from a buy here pay here and priced at twice its value.

If they won't accept the trade, I'll part them out and junk the bodies.

Maybe dig on www.j-body.org for some help. I used to frequent there when my g/f had a 97 Sunfire.

Back