'99 E350 HVAC blower motor

F14CRAZY

To the flo...
Reaction score
City, State
Dimondale, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 GT, '93 Limited
Howdy. My dad's now got a '99 Econoline E350, with da Power Stroke :) Great van.

Been having an issue with the heater/air con blower motor. Any any speed setting on the dash, it only seems like it's on low. I measured power at the blower motor connector under the hood, and it has 12V+ regardless of switch position. I figured maybe both the motor and the resistor circuit were bad.

I got a new motor, but didn't seem like it was spinning as fast as it should (not like 12V, testing it with it connected but not installed yet). Installed it, and it's still acting the same as the old one was.

Any suggestions?

did you swap out the switch? I replaced two or three on my Club Wagon - I went with a heavy duty toggle switch. I went high only - a little bit noisier in Summer with the A/C but always nice in Winter. I found a bare spot in the plastic and drilled the hole, connected the stock wires and it worked well. There seemed to be a lot of juice flowing through the switch. Melted a couple of lightweight units - price difference was 3.00 so upgrade to heaviest duty.

man i havent driven those e350 with the powerstroke in a long time i remember when i worked for ford i drove them many times

Back