'99 Explorer 4.0 XLS - Air Conditioning Problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'99 Explorer 4.0 XLS - Air Conditioning Problem

ILOVEFORD

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hi. I have the following situation in my stock 1999 Explorer XLS 4.0 150,000 miles. Some times in low revolutions it try to go off. Usually this occur when the air conditioner is on.

Also almost daily air conditioning works cold but suddenly stops coming out cold but not hot like the heater, just fresh; then I proceed to turn off the air conditioning and wait few minutes.. later I turn it on again and begins normally cool.

An technician reviewed gas levels and it's are ok, no leaks. I think the problem could be electric, some sensor defect, poor contact or compressor; no "Check Engine" display.

I will appreciate any advice.

If the low pressure switch is not sensing low pressure or jumpered the compressor will not cycle off and will freeze water on the evaporator and you will lose heat transfer and the air will not get cooled. Check to be sure the compressor is cycling on and off.

Chunchie, Thank your for reply, I'll check it.

My Explorer have many originals parts from 1999, the low preasure sensor is one of those !! :thumbsup:

Back