99 Explorer For Sale in CT, Fix or Parts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

99 Explorer For Sale in CT, Fix or Parts

Jon94

Reaction score
City, State
Guilford, Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Sport
I'm selling my 99 Explorer. I'm trying to decide if I should part it out myself, or just sell as-is. EDIT: I think I've decided to part it out I recently put a lot of new parts on it and drove only about 30 miles total since installing them. I would just like to get my money back for the parts, and will throw in the rest of the truck for free. Let me know if you're interested in any parts, and I'll remove the part and sell it to you, or let me know if you're interested in the whole truck. I had originally bought this a fixer-upper, thinking I could drive it while until the transmission totally died. I installed a bunch of new parts, took it out for it's first real drive, and the intake manifold gasket blew and puked coolant everywhere. It's more work than it's worth to me to fix. I have a clear title.
Details about truck:
1999 Explorer XLS 4-door, 219k miles
4.0 OHV engine, auto transmission, 4wd

Problems:
Engine has leaking lower intake manifold gasket, coolant will pour out as fast as you pour it in- engine otherwise runs great
Transmission has issues- won't shift into 2nd gear unless you let off accelerator, won't shift into OD at all, slips sometimes
4wd lights sometimes flash on and off randomly
Interior is in somewhat fair-to-poor condition- headliner has large rip, previous owner cut holes in liftgate panel for speakers, and stuck tacky fake carbon-fiber trim on dash and door panels
Needs 2 tires- one has a broken belt and is scary to drive on (and worn out) - currently have the spare tire mounted, the other is just worn out

New parts:
Motorcraft radiator
Motorcraft EGR tube
Motorcraft temp sensor for gauge
Motorcraft crank position sensor
Hood lift supports (Monroe)
rear-most parking brake cables (driver's side Motorcraft, pass. side Napa United)
Parking brake shoes and hardware (Napa United)
Passenger side upper control arm (Napa NCP)
Serpentine belt (Napa/Gates)
I swapped in used/junkyard front seats from a 2000 Mountaineer. These are tan, leather, power adjustable seats and they're in EXCELLENT condition. These also have the side-impact airbags built-in and they work!

I also still have the factory original cloth passenger seat, also with side-airbag, manual adjustment. It's in good condition. The driver's seat that was in it when I bought the truck was not the original seat and does not have a side airbag. I still have that seat as well and it's in good condition.

I have a set of Motorcraft plug wires that are brand new and never installed, that I was going to install on this.

I removed and sold the plastic trim over the wheel arches and rocker panels.

20160730_185045[1].jpg

20160730_192608[1].jpg

Back