99 Explorer paint code - two tone paint codes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

99 Explorer paint code - two tone paint codes

I have a 99 Eddie Bauer with two tone paint . The paint code on the door sticker shows FS. FS is Spruce Green. BUT... they don't show the paint code for the other trim color on the lower part of the body and bumpers - which is a sort of goldish color. I need touch up paint, but can't get the exact paint or even find out what the exact name of the color is. THANKS to anyone in advance. Skot

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi-welcome to the explorerforum, where you will find your answer-

I deleted the second thread with the same question, leaving this one in the bodywork forum. In order to keep info handy and less confusing, please follow the forum rules and post your question only once. you will get an answer-

Hi-welcome to the explorerforum, where you will find your answer-

I deleted the second thread with the same question, leaving this one in the bodywork forum. In order to keep info handy and less confusing, please follow the forum rules and post your question only once. you will get an answer-

Or less so :rolleyes:
Your best bet is to take it to a body shop and have them "color map" it.
I get asked this question rather frequently. On both the two tone vehicles and colored trim vehicles are are actually several colors for each individual year. Often with in those colors are a few variances. Some vehicles the color code would be after a slash for example FS/JU ( ju is just two randome letters I pulled from thin air. ) If you do not have such a set up than the paint code is not listed.

Sorry I could not be more helpful.

I've got a '99 EB and tried to find the answer a little while back. The code I got didn't match up very well. As jt said, get a colour match done.

The Eddie Bauer second color may have been left off the tag because it is standard on a few years. Meaning that the body shops have the code or know it easily. My Mountaineer has a second code, but I don't recall where it is listed. Good luck,

thanks for the replys - got info I needed

I went to another Ford dealer - they looked at the paint code sticker - and about a half hour after looking through their computer, said they had no idea what the color was. Then he said can I borrow your car - and came back about 20 min later with a small bottle of paint which he said was Prairie Tan. (hand written on the bottle) (not sure where he went with the car)

It's raining today so I'll have to wait to see if it's a good match but he seemed confident that it was correct.

thanks again,

I bet he went to the body shop with it, and they knew what the color was from experience. Good work,

(not sure where he went with the car)

he just wanted to see if he could get it to tip onto two wheels on a hard fast turn

Back