'99 Explorer Sport 4x4 shock upgrade? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'99 Explorer Sport 4x4 shock upgrade?

jayhawk

Reaction score
City, State
Tacoma, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Explorer Sport 4x4
I am upgrading my factory shocks soon. Was planning on going with the Trailmaster SSV. Does anyone have any suggestions on these or another brand that may better suit my needs. This rig is mostly highway.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've got the rancho 5000's and drive about 70 miles round trip to work, speeds between 50 and 65..love them.Also perform well when I'm in the sand and trails..Can't beat them for the price..

Thanks...The Rancho 5000 and the Trailmaster SSV are only about $6.00 different in price. I have been told the Trailmaster may be better, due to the fact that they have a urethane bushing instead of rubber?

I've replaced every other bushing under the truck with urethane, I'll have to remember that when it comes time to replace or upgrade..

I have the OME nitros work great on and off road. highly recommended

andy

rumney510 How much did you pay for your OME shocks and where did you get them from. I really want to get a set of them.

Got my Trailmaster SSV shocks installed today. Much better highway ride than stock. Offroad they are sooooo much better than those crappy Motorcraft shocks.

The Trailmasters were $39.99each and new Motorcraft shocks from the stealership were going to be $54.99each.

Olympic Offroad in Tacoma, WA

I can find the number for you if you want it?

It seemed like a good price compared to what I've seen. . but I've only checked a couple places online as of yet.

Back