• Register Today It's free!

99 Explorer Sport Radio Bezel

Nixthebomb

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma City, OKlahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Explorer Sport
Ok o this weekend making sure my radio worked I was removing the radoi bezel and the cigarette lighter was barely pushed wrong and broke off, so I need a new radio bezel. It has It has the rear wiper and defrost button, and there's a plug that is plugs into the back of the bezel that is connected to it but it does not have any contacts where it plugs in. I think it is for the 4x4. What could this be, I just need a radio bezel like this.
1242607315.jpg

I found some on ebay but there expensive and don;t have the cig lighter socket

The wiring is normal...

The wires you found are for the 4x4 switch on the left and the fog lamp switch on the right side of the bezel....I replaced my bezel since I wanted the fog lamp switch when I installed fog lamps and the wiring was in place even though the features may not be iinstalled on the vehicle..

Now if you just need to replace the 12volt connector, simply replace it from an auto parts store and reuse the bezel...There is no need to replace the whole bezel...

Actually if yours broke like mine did, you do need to replace the whole bezel, on mine the inside circle that the cig. lighter mounts to broke off. but im pretty sure they are the same for all non 4x4 sports, just go look at a junkyard

Back