'99 Explorer XLT Update & Odd Questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'99 Explorer XLT Update & Odd Questions

DemonMudder

- When In Doubt, Redneck It Out -
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 C1500
Finally got my light bar in and placed, looking great so far. Switched all of the exterior lights but the headlights and high beams with LED's. Next step is fixing a leak in the intake gasket manifold which is on it's way. As well as some warrior 153 shackles on the way to get a simpler lift for now. One plan for the future is to replace the bumper, not a fan of the '99s look, mostly the chrome corners; so, I was debating on switching with a ranger or and older explorer like a '97 (also thanks to the shape of the fog lights, prefer the older explorer and ranger fog lights look), but not 100% on how well that'll swap, if anyone knows or has tried this. That or a custom bumper from somewhere like MOVE bumpers, would love something heavy duty from both front and rear if I can. Any suggestions to threads that can help would be greatly appreciated. Officially put 15,000 miles on her and don't plan on stopping there, shes almost completely fixed up and running right, just need to get her more offroad ready! I do also plan to paint her, probably going to go black, but again, long term plans.
20210419_173657.jpg
20210419_173642.jpg
20210419_202209.jpg

There are a lot of custom bumpers interspersed in this thread:

There are a lot of custom bumpers interspersed in this thread:

Thanks Rick!

Back