99 F-150

JoshC

Only rolled it once honey
Reaction score
City, State
Culloden, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 4d OHV
Hey what's up, I've got a 99 half ton for a company truck and the door ajar lights comes on. When i got the truck it was used, but i didn't care. The guy before me took out the dome light and the cargo lights cause they were always on. Now it's my truck and i hate this cause i can't see anything and i like to use my cargo lights when i'm loading my 4 wheeler and that kinda stuff. Any ways, to the point, it isn't always on, sometimes i can go a day or too and it is fine, but sometimes it will come and go with every other start up. Any ideas, i don't know where the chimer is to look and see if it is loose, help would be nice, thanks!

Happy trailes!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check the switch in the door jam.

I've got a 2000 F-150 now but my 98 F-150 had the same problem. Took some WD-40 and sprayed it in the joint where the big metal thingy goes into the door (technical term) that took care of it. By the way, check out f150world.com and f150online.com, great f150 sites :). Here's my f150:
http://www.f150world.com/mattadams/

I like the GPSl, that's sweet, i have one of the Trek's but i hardly use it in my X, i use it on my 4 wheeler some and my mountain bike. I'll try that with the WD 40, i didn't even think about it, i'll let you know whether it works or not, thanks man!

Happy trailes!

WD 40 fixed, i was just waiting to see how if worked last week and it works fine, i can now see at night when i'm loading my 4 wheeler or something! Now i have anothe question, when i am accelerating hard, the battery light comes on and then when i let off it goes off. And yesterday i had to go to a well location and all the way up the interstate the light was on so i pulled off at an Advance auto and had them check my alternator and it was just fine, almost 14V. My fan belt is also tight, i don't know what it is, it runs good though and isn't hard to start. What do you think?

thanks for your help

Happy trailes!!

now that I don't know... best advice might be to post that question to f150world.com members, those guys know it all :).
www.f150world.com/forums/

Thanks Matt, i'll give that a try right now!

Happy trailes!!

Well, i registered with them i typed in my problem and tried to send it and it told me invaild password, i was never asked to type in a password when i was registering, know what this is all about?

Jot, it'll send you a temporary password in e-mail which you can change later.

Hey man i appriciate it!

Back