99 ranger 4x4 - tranfer has no 4Lo | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

99 ranger 4x4 - tranfer has no 4Lo

Magicokie

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 ford ranger 4x4
I started with no 4Lo 4x4 troubles. So we replaced shift motor, because the motor was all rusted and looked like hell and may have been original in a 13 yr old truck. We replaced motor and changed over the (Brown wire) in pin connector, (motor works), because i can hear and feel the motor go into 4Hi and 4Lo and back to 2Hi, but no power to brown wire or transfer case coil. The instrument cluster lights come on for 4Hi and 4Lo, when switching one to the other and with no blinking. And my aftermarket scan tool does not show any DTC codes either. We checked fuse panel # 26-fuse at goes to (Electric shift module) and under the hood mini #3-fuse that goes to (Electric shift module). Also, I could really use a shop manual schematic for a 99 ranger that i know is for a 99 ranger, (please) and to know if this truck has a (Electric shift relay) and a (Electric shift module), are they separate or what ? Also, where are they located ? I also found the Gem in the dash beside the radio. And also, where and what is the in cab relay box (?) Because it is supposed to have the Battery saver relay in it, that needs to be checked. Also all, i know is i have no voltage to the brown transfer case coil wire. I'm guessing the the GEM and Electric shift module is good because the shift motor is doing it's job, or I'm i wrong ?

Back