99 ranger-no power to wipers | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

99 ranger-no power to wipers

musruck

Reaction score
City, State
Middleville,mi.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 ford ranger 2wd
I have a 99 ranger 2wd that has no power coming from the #16 fuse to the #2 pins at the run and park relays. Also no power to the red wire at the wiper motor. At the fuse, it has power. This is circuit # 63. I've done all the pin checks and replace the multifunction switch. I show power at pins 1 and 4 at park relay,so there is power coming from the GEM. I need to find wear I'm losing power between the fuse and the wiper motor. Can't find a wiring diagram that shows the wiring from the fuse to the relays. One that shows the pin layout at the c-136 plug at the firewall. Or the routing from the # 16 fuse to c-136. I have a wiring diagram for a 2001 ranger, but not sure that they are the same as a 99. Anyone have a wiring diagram for this. Sure could use it. What I really need is a diagram of the connector face for C-136, so I can do a pin check for continuity.

musruck

Reaction score
City, State
Middleville,mi.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 ford ranger 2wd
I have a 99 ranger 2wd that has no power coming from the #16 fuse to the #2 pins at the run and park relays. Also no power to the red wire at the wiper motor. At the fuse, it has power. This is circuit # 63. I've done all the pin checks and replace the multifunction switch. I show power at pins 1 and 4 at park relay,so there is power coming from the GEM. I need to find wear I'm losing power between the fuse and the wiper motor. Can't find a wiring diagram that shows the wiring from the fuse to the relays. One that shows the pin layout at the c-136 plug at the firewall. Or the routing from the # 16 fuse to c-136. I have a wiring diagram for a 2001 ranger, but not sure that they are the same as a 99. Anyone have a wiring diagram for this. Sure could use it. What I really need is a diagram of the connector face for C-136, so I can do a pin check for continuity.

musruck

Reaction score
City, State
Middleville,mi.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 ford ranger 2wd
I'm surprised that no one answered this. I see a lot of posts on wiper problems and most call for parts changes or the use of scan tools which most people do not have. I did not find an answer for the pin out diagram at the firewall, so I had to check each pin one at a time till I found the right circuit. Very time consuming.But I found it and isolated the problem to a broken wire in the loom going to the power distribution box. I spliced it and my wipers are now working.

RangerX

Elite Ranger
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Omao, Kauai
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Ranger XLT 4X4
Glad you got it fixed! Sorry no one helped!