99 Ranger Transmission Mount Issues PLEASE HELP | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

99 Ranger Transmission Mount Issues PLEASE HELP

Thoth7475

Reaction score
City, State
Oak Lawn, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer Sport
Trying to find out if the bushings of the frame mount/crossbar for the trans are something that needs to be ordered from the dealer? Not looking for the actual trans mount, but the brace that goes from side to side of the frame & what the mount is attached to.

Thanks,
Bob

...If you were looking for just the tranny mount then yes, you can find them locally..
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ca...yName=Drivetrain&parentId=cat10001&questions=[]

...I'm thinking that you may have a rust issue or a cracking issue but you did not state such...:dunno:

...Your tranny cross member is probably riveted on both frame rails, but I would double check to see if it's bolted on...You may be able to find the bushing at Napa or one of our vendors here...

0900c1528018f10d.gif

First, thanks for the image...Should have known the Autozone website would have more info then the people that work there...

Anyway, I'm trying to find out if I can replace just the bushings on the Transmission Support Crossmember or is it only available in one piece with the bushings already in place? Both sides of the crossmember are rusted out(both brackets are fine & bolted in place...no rivets) & it looks like it's just the bushings & I would think they would be replacable but the only thing I've been able to find at Napa, Autozone & a couple other places around town is the insulator & retainer assembly. So now I'm trying to find more info here before I go to the junk yard on Monday & then probaly Ford on Tuesday as a last option.

Thanks again for the help,
Bob

...I was hoping someone else would chime in but, since you can't find them locally, try Dead Link Removed and this will probably be your best bet, http://www.lmctruck.com/

Back