99 Sport Body Lift Bumper Brackets | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

99 Sport Body Lift Bumper Brackets

saxmachine_13

Reaction score
City, State
Blue Rock, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer Sport
Im new to the forum and I recently just purchased the PA 883 body lift. Im aware the front kit bumper brackets will fit but can anyone tell how to go about modifying the rear bumper brackets? Do they need flattened or different holes drilled in to make it fit or what?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just modified my factory brackets.

I just modified my factory brackets.

Yeah I read around a bit more and figured Im probably gonna have to drill some holes in the frame to make the kit brackets fit

Yeah i just flipped some and drilled new hols for others.

Here's how I went at it.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2920110&postcount=16

Worked out well on my 01 sport. Hope it helps.

Ive read through your build post and i have to say I'm quite impressed! Youve done practically everything I plan to do on my 99 sport or have already done and then some. If I could find an explorer with less rust holes and miles Id probably be investing in the same exact stuff. But yeah Ill probably bring the bumper up after fair week and do some drilin and make her look pretty. Looks a bit ugly with that 3 inch bumper gap now

Ive read through your build post and i have to say I'm quite impressed! Youve done practically everything I plan to do on my 99 sport or have already done and then some. If I could find an explorer with less rust holes and miles Id probably be investing in the same exact stuff. But yeah Ill probably bring the bumper up after fair week and do some drilin and make her look pretty. Looks a bit ugly with that 3 inch bumper gap now

Thanks my friend. I'm in the middle of another wave of stuff now -- including upgrading to those bomb-proof shock/ubolt skidplates that Brian1 on here makes -- and, of course, everything comes with a healthy dose of rust combat. I'm in Upstate NY, and it's crazy what the winters here do to this rig. At some point in a few years, I'm afraid I'll be stripping all these upgrades off and swapping them on to another rig just because the rust ate this one. Until then, I'll just keep rolling.

Back