99 Sport lifted 4" w/ 33x12.5 Before and After (Lot's of pics) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

99 Sport lifted 4" w/ 33x12.5 Before and After (Lot's of pics)

Here are my pics of my lifted Explorer. I think it looks pretty nice. All pics are in before and after order.

FRONT
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

FRONT: Closeup
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

SIDE
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

BACK
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

SPINDLES
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

SOA
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

Shock Mount and Sway Bar Link
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

TIRES
Dead Link Removed

Let me know what you think.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks good! uhhh what brand/size rims are those? what size tires were you running before-they were Pirelli's weren't they?

I think that it looks really good, like it alot and I wish I had flares on my XLT to extend over my 33" procomps like you do. Did you have to do much trimming?

nevermind-i just read the "she's lifted thread" 17 inch rims!!!!!

Your Sport looks awesome!

Looks great! :D

REAL REAL SHARP!!! I like it a lot. looks more agressive but still has some street element to it!

Originally posted by white96x
looks good! uhhh what brand/size rims are those? what size tires were you running before-they were Pirelli's weren't they?

I had a set of Pirelli Scorpion Zeros (275/55 17). Was a pain trying to find 17" off-road tires. Special order everywhere. The wheels are Enkei RTS 17". Got them from Discount Tire.

Originally posted by Rx4phun
I think that it looks really good, like it alot and I wish I had flares on my XLT to extend over my 33" procomps like you do. Did you have to do much trimming?

I really didn't have to trim very much at all. Just 5 minutes with my Dremel and it was fine. Just a bit off the lower part of the wheel well on the front bumper, and a little bit off the trim piece behind the front wheel. That's it. Otherwise everything fits nicely.

Originally posted by espnfreak
REAL REAL SHARP!!! I like it a lot. looks more agressive but still has some street element to it!

Yeah, it looks a little different with the 17's. Off-road, yet not off road. I like the way it turned out.

I love this lift. I feel so powerful now when I drive (well, more powerful, as I felt powerful already). I can see why people keep going bigger once they start lifting.

I tower over 90% of cars on the road now. I still felt kinda small though, when I was next to an Excusrion with a 10" lift and 44" boggers. Can't win `em all!

looks good!

and your an elite now too! :chug:

Looks really nice!! I have a question about your rear sway-bar; Do you run it upside-down? I just wondered because in your before and after pictures it is installed exactly opposite of how mine is, or anyone elses that I had seen. Is there any benefit to this for you? DOes it change the handling at all? It would be nice for me to turn mine over like you have... then I'd stop knockin' it on the tops of rocks and stuff.

My swaybar has always been mounted that way. It came like that from the factory. I dpn't know if it changed the handling as I never had it the other way.

hmm someone must have flipped your rear swaybar and it looks like you are rubbing you front sway bar. I really like you truck, what do you have for exhaust?

truck looks great, doc :) :thumbsup:

The rubber you see on the sway bar is from the Scorpions I had before. Witht he new spindles, the tires don't come near the swaybar any more.

I have a Flowmaster 50 Series Delta muffler with 2.5" tubing all the way.

I think what happened is that when I switched to the larger rear sway bar, it fit on there opposite from the factory one. Then when they put the factory one back on, they put it on "upside down," not realising that it didn't go that way. But anyway, it doesn't hit anything, and probably keeps it from snagging stuff.

looks real nice! the wheels are nice. wish theyt made them with a -19mm offset. would get rid of the rubbing on sway. The rear shock mounts are good. I bet they wont break like the superlift SOA perches....

Now that I see that I think I am didtching my tupperware. Everytime I go offroad it gets caught up on something, so it is starting to look crappy. But I wanted to get a visual without it. Besides everyone has that same silver sport trim! Either that or I will have it line-xed but that won't prevent the damage or from them hanging up with the tires.

Sucha tough decision! Fender Flares or No?

Real sweet

That is a really nice sport you have Doc. I'm assuming it's a 2wd? I really want my '99 4wd Sport standing just like that. Maybe different wheels(not knocking yours of course). Would the TT/Warrior/Body Lift combo give me this kind of lift/stance? I don't go offroad very often so maximum suspension flex is'nt a major concern. I got 4wd mainly for bad weather because of my job. I'm more concerned with ride/handling/reliability. Any suggestions on the best way to achieve this guys? Very nice job Doc. Keep posting those sweet lifted Sports fellas. They are the modern day Broncos.:smoke:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, mine's a 2WD. The TT and shackles will give about a 1.5" lift. Maybe 2" from the TT if you crank it all the way. (there are ways to get more, but thats been discussed in another post). The body lift will give you 3" of lift (assuming you got a 3" body lift kit). That would be about the same as what I have.

As for the wheels I have, some may not like them since they are 17". It makes the 33's look smaller than they really are.

Good luck on your lift Sport 4x4.

Back