99 V8 Sport AWD "Black Beauty" | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

99 V8 Sport AWD "Black Beauty"

Hi every one out there. My name is Chris and I drive a 99 Explorer Sport. It used to be a 4.0 SOHC 4X4 and now it has new life as a 5.0 V8 AWD. Right now she sits on stock sizes tires with rims off of a 2010 Ranger. Any ways the girl friend likes to name all of my cars so she named it Black Beauty. So now I guess I need to do some black out work. Any way here is a list of mods that have been done and a list of what will be done.

Mods Include

Interior
01 Sport Seats
01 Sport Instrument Cluster w/LED's
Remote Start with Alarm installed by me.
Sony Head Unit
Pioneer Speakers in the front
Cerwin Vega Speakers in the rear
Kicker CVX 10" 1200 Watt max subwoofer
JL Stealth Subwoofer Box
Rockford Fosgate p500-2 1000 Watt max amp
LED Interior lighting (Dome Lights)

Exterior
Bug Deflector
Billit Grill
Fully Debadged
Roof Rack Removed
Side Steps Removed
18inch Rims
Stock turn signals to clear corners (http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=87602)
Tinted 3rd Brake Light
Tinted Tail Lights

Performance
5.0L V8 Swap
Mac CAI bought from VroomZoomBoom
Custom Exhaust

Engine
Replaced Both Upstream O2 Sensors 3/19/2014

Suspension
4 Door Leaf Pack
2 inch lowering blocks in the rear
Caster/Camber adjusters
Custom length sway bar end links
TT in the front
KYB Gas-a-Just shock in the rear.

Transfer Case & Differential
4406 Manual Shift 4X4 T-Case Swap
Custom Rear Drive Shaft bought from VroomZoomBoom with u joint Precision 354 at axle and Precision 232 at transfer case
F150 front drive shaft with conversion u joint Precision 353 at axle and Precision 354 at transfer case
D35 w/4.10 open
8.8 w/4.10 Traction Lock

Lighting
Fog lamps modded to stay on with high beams
HID Head Lights
Led Puddle Lights
Led License Plat Lights
LED Strip Under Hatch

Mods Coming Soon

Performance
Electric fan
TM Headers
1 inch Intake Spacer

Exterior
Black Powder Coated Billit Grill
Black Head Light with diamond lenses retro fitted with projectors.
Color Match Trim to body color

Lighting
HIID Fog Lights
22" Cree LED Zombi Lights

Interior
Add Zombie Lights Switch
Add Reverse Lights Switch
Add Inverter Switch

I will keep this first post updated with mods as I can. Thanks for looking.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why do you need more room? I will see if I can go snap a pick of it really quick on the truck with the 4406.

Cause my 4406 isn't manual,:eek:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Cause my 4406 isn't manual,:eek:

OOO Snap. LOL good luck on that one. I think I read some where you can shift the fuel tank back about an inch. But you would need to re drill holes for the front fuel tank bracket.

Yea im sure its gonna turn into a headache , I dont think I have seen anything about your bracket setup in any of the " 4406 " threads, you my want to post about it in the sticky, cause that's a cool find!

Thats a great idea I will point that out in the 4406 threads after I get a pic of it installed on my truck. I just have to get it in the air first.

OK I think this is what you are asking for. Here is a pic of the other fuel tank bracket that I am using.

20131001_182348.jpg

can you get a better pic of it closer towards the tail shaft of the case?

kinda like this

DSC01303_Medium_.jpg

DSC01305_Medium_.jpg

Think im gonna grab one of those, im starting my tranny swap today and once I get the new tranny in im gonna start stuffing the electric 4406 in,

can you get a better pic of it closer towards the tail shaft of the case?

I will try to get my truck back up on the lift at work and snap another pic today.

Is this the angle you wanted?
20131002_195237.jpg

Dam that's alot more room! I think that would help my cause

well Im glad I could find something to help some one else out. I think from now on if I find one in the junk yard I will start pulling them and selling them to whomever on the forum. It really helped me out since it was a bolt in instead of having to have something fabricated. Hell besides having to make a hole for the shifter this swap was a complete bolt in for me. Well not counting the new ujoints I installed.

yup, thats what i wanted to see
and i told you, its not very hard at all

I just may have one of those brackets out in my pile.. I've gotta find a place that'll make me a driveshaft.. there's nothing around here...

Si

yup, thats what i wanted to see
and i told you, its not very hard at all

it was not hard ay all. like you said. Even my f150 drive shaft went in with out a fight.
The tcase took care of one of my noises and now to fix the last one. My rear diff is growling like a bear. I ordered all new seals and bearings. witch I have. Now im just waition on my new Ford racing clutches to show up.

I hate to keep bugging you but can you post a measurement of your rear driveshaft yoke to yoke, I may have missed it,

I will try to get it some where and get the measurements unless vroomzoomboom knows since I bought the drive shaft from him.

Well I guess I should update. The 4406 have been in for a few months now and I have not had any problems out of it. I also put some new wheels and tires on this bad boy. Here is some eye candy for you all.
20131219_134517.jpg

Man im jealous, looks real good

Looks nice! You should be easier to spot now, so I'll keep my eye out for you.

Back