99 XLT Passenger side mirror QUESTION | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

99 XLT Passenger side mirror QUESTION

My passanger side mirror can be lifted off.... puddle light works and mirror adjusts via the drivers door switch, but when lifting the mirror from the base I see the spring and a graphite type grease.

Looks like some sort of clip that holds the mirror statonary is missing? i.e. holds it stable so it cannot be removed or while in a auto wash will fold back against the door with the normal snap.

Any suggestions other than the local body shop......:(

Thanks folks

JM

new mirror.
easy swap though.
even the most unskilled can knock this one out.

question

My passanger side mirror can be lifted off.... puddle light works and mirror adjusts via the drivers door switch, but when lifting the mirror from the base I see the spring and a graphite type grease.

Looks like some sort of clip that holds the mirror statonary is missing? i.e. holds it stable so it cannot be removed or while in a auto wash will fold back against the door with the normal snap.

Any suggestions other than the local body shop......:(

Thanks folks

JM

Is it the glass or the whole mirror assembly lifting away from the door?
If it's the assembly there are 3 screws that hold the mirror on.
It is very easy to replace the entire mirror. Check out a salvage yard for a replacement. Then you just have to remove the door panel and the speaker.

Replaced mirror, Thanks guys!

Easy job.

Jm

Back