'99 XLT with 3" Body Lift... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'99 XLT with 3" Body Lift...

Here is a pic of my 1999 XLT 4X4 with a 3" Peformance Products body lift, Warrior shackles and 1" Torrsion Twist. I am running 33x12.5R15s on American Racing Tailgunners in 15x8 size.
site1045.jpg
:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its looks fine in the picture but how does it look with 31's in person? I want to do a 4 inch lift but can't afford to buy the 33's because i just spotted for 31's. I'm not sure if i should just keep the torsion/shackle lift or raise it the extra 3 inch with the 31's.

-Ray

Brian,
looks great!! but i think i told u that already, those bumpers look awesome too! im glad u went with the 3" lift so i could provide your 2" lift with a happy home. cant wait to see it with those 33" tires. thanks again!
Rick H.

Originally posted by SCEXPLORER
its looks fine in the picture but how does it look with 31's in person?

I am kind of bias since it is my X, but everyone says that the 31s look good with the 3". I did paint the wheelwells black to help hide some of the exposed underbody and that made it look better.
Check out Camerons Sport (click on the NoIEC link), he has the 3" body lift with 31" Wranglers and it looks great.

Next step will be a rear locker next year... I'll be behind you in Moeb next year Jefe!

That's a nice looking rig you have there! How long ago did you put those 31X10.5R15 BFG M/Ts on, they look brand new, and your getting rid of them? But again, very nice truck, can't wait to see the new rubber and rims!

Regards,

Peter Skingle

ilikedellcomputers

The BFGs are about a year old. I bought them from 2001ExpSport when he switched to his 33" TSLs. They are basically still brand new (I would say about 80%). They are great tires and I actually have a guy that is just waiting for me to take them off so that he can buy them and his son con put them on his CJ7.
Thanks for the kind words... this is my baby and I love it.

The X looks great man! Definately have to throw some pics up when you get the 33's. I was thinking of going with the 3 inch body lift as well, I think the solid axle swap is way down the road for me and I'd like to get some height. I'm wondering if I'd be able to fit 34x11.5R16's with it though. Time will tell I suppose.

They said 6-9 days...

I am hoping the new tires get here in time for our NoIEC meeting on the 17th, because a bunch of us are going to run a mud bogg. I will definatly get some pics as soon as I get them on.
All I really have left to do now that I ordered tires is try and figure out how / were to mount two front tow hooks.

Here is a decent one spalsh!

Dead Link Removed

Save the picture, The Dragon is Partially dirty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grnmachine you can fit 32's on without a body lift?

Looks real good with the 33s! Man that mud pit looks FUN!
Are your lights hooked to the roof rack or the stock plastic rack thing? Ive been thinking about doing that too. Oh and would the 33s fit with just the PA 3" and not the TT/shackles?

My front four lights are mounted to the stock roof rack, the two backup lights are mounted to the Safari rack. 33s would fit with the 3" Body Lift only, but you would have to do some triming on the back of the fender well and fender lip. I had to cut about an inch off the bottom of my fender lips in the back and had to trim about and inch off the inside of the front bumper.

hey guys is there a way i can get my truck higher without much trimmming and putting 32's on?

Hrmm I already trimmed the back of the fender well with a hacksaw for the 32x10.5s. I guess that will be more of the same.. But ill have to check out the fender lip. Its weird from tire to tire also.... Why are some 33x12.50s actually 32.7 then others are huge and 33.4 to 33.9. More like a 34? Also maybe the bumper can be moved up a tad to help since with a BL the bumper brackets have to be tweaked and fabed...

thanks for the info..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you get the Ranger 3" BL you can use the bumper brackets, they will work perfect (both front and back)and you don't have to take your driving lights out either because on ours with the round lights they are over far enough. The reason my tires hit so much was because I has Mud Terrain and the tread sticks out a little more that other tires.
Matt's body lift Instructions
The Ranger lift has worked on a 95, 97, 2-98s, 99 and a 01.

Back