99ex22's Elite Registry! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

99ex22's Elite Registry!

Here Is my 1999 XLT. She's all original except for the modifications Ive made, got 163,000 miles on her and is in pretty damn good shape. It was a one owner before me, they took really good care of it, never been hit, and the only scratch on it is on the roof from a tree branch I hit on the trail. The previous owners always had it maintained at their local Ford dealer so all the parts on it are Motorcraft parts. I am constantly changing it and working on it.

Modifications:
Custom Leaf Packs
War153's
TT
1" Body Lift
15x8 Crager Soft 8's
33x12.5R15 Cooper A/T's
Cat Back Magnaflow with 2 1/2" Pipe
Midland CB Radio
Smoked tail light's and 3rd brake light
Sylvania Silverstar Bulbs
Hella Comet 500 driving lights
KYB Monomax shocks
Trico Neoform Wipers
A pretty sweet Ford antenna
Clear corner lenses
Krylon Fusion on plastics
Billet Grille
10K pound tow hooks
Class 3 Tow Master Hidden Hitch
Smittybilt tow hook reciever
20% tinted windows
Mountaineer Grille
240W 3 Way Pioneer speakers
Transfer case skid
Gas tank skid
1997 explorer bumper
Grab handles on pillars
Painted pass airbag, vents, glove box black
Throttle cable mod
Brown wire mod

Here is a stock picture. Right around the time the addiction started taking place...
(dead links)

Here she is after Warrior shackles and TT...
(dead links)
Then I got my Soft 8's...
(dead links)
Then I got my 31's....
(dead links)
Then the ugly 3" Body Lift....

Then I went spring over axle in the rear and sloped body lift for a while...then shortly went back to the previous set up....

And then just recently I cut the 3" pucks down to 1" because I couldnt look at all the gaps and crap hanging down anymore that the 3" body lift created....along with the mountaineer grille. So my current set up is 1" Body lift, 2" TT and Warrior Shackles. Out of everything ive tried this is my favorite. I think my next mod now that im a couple inches lower will be a 4" deep by 40" or so roof rack made by rola and slap 4 hella 500"s up on a light bar.

Let me know what you guys think! and give me idea's of what I should do next! Any questions, just ask! Thanks,

-Russ

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great lookin X there Russ ;) ;) , Glad you finally got ur Registry goin :D :D

nice x u got there russ and congrads on being elite

Thanks! I have been elite for a while now but just recently discoverd the elite registry. haha I never knew it was here.

one of my friends he lives in oregon he has the same explorer as u he lives in beaverton oregon.

the one different thing different from his just he has flowmasters on his but he has the 70 series and u got magnaflows but everything else is the same as urs. Have you seen it around and how far is beaverton from u.

haha that's funny I have only seen 1 Lifted second generation in person and it was red. Not very many people do mods to them around here. Beaverton is not far at all, if the traffics clear it's probably a 20-30 min. drive.

You don't have any off-roading pictures of you when you had the bodylift and 31's? Do you?

You don't have any off-roading pictures of you when you had the bodylift and 31's? Do you?

no I don't. I got my 33's 4 days after I completed my lift.

No rubbing issues whatsoever?

No rubbing issues whatsoever?
Nope nothing on mine rubbed at all. But I think it all depends on the truck. they're all differnt, I can see a mud terrain rubbing because mine comes really close to hitting the back of the plastic wheel well right there. If your planning on running your stock rims with no back spacing they will rub like hell on your sway bar. besides I dont know if you can mount a 33x12 on 15x7 wheels.

It's looking great Russ! I really like what you have done with the X.

I'm planning 15x8 with 3.75 or 4.00BS

I'm going to keep them for now.......

tail light black out

Well I didn't to start a new thread so I thought I would post this here....

I need your guy's opinion. A buddy of mine gave me a bottle of that tail light black out and I can't decided if it will look good or not. I would also do the 3rd brake light up top. I know it looks good on black explorer's but have never seen it done on gray.

What do you guys think?

Nice xplorer dude, i never like the looks of 2nd gens. but thats because ive never really saw one like yours (lifted and all), and now i whished i got a second ge rather than the 05 i just go got;)

check out my expllorer in the elite section (1st page "chris's2005)

I REALLY LIKE THE LOOKS MAN< KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK

about that tail light stuff, it might look good, i got a gold explorer with aftermarket black tailights and it looks alright, so its up to your personal taste if you ask me

Chris

Hey dude, I actually just did that...

Make sure not to over do it... ul start dripping... lol... mine turned out real good... I masked the reverse light portions of the lights... looks badass..

Do it!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back