• Register Today It's free!

a $3 fix

TunnelFear

Reaction score
City, State
Syracuse, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer '94 XLT
I'm not sure if any of you remember a previous problem i had. It was a moajor vibration whenever my truck shifted into overdrive from about 1600 - 2000 RPMs. Tried numerous "fixes", but none solved it. Well, last week, I was starting to change my spark plugs....so I take out the middle cylinder on the passenger sides first...I chuck the dead plug across the garage...as I do that, my phone rings...my mom got in an accident, totaled her car(shes ok), damn drunks...but thats a different story. So I'm fumbling around my garage looking for a plug to shove in there so i can take off to the hospital. so i put a new plug in and haul ass there. on the way back, my little brother asked me...what i did to fix my truck, i didnt know what he was talking about...he said the vibration was gone...well, i thought for a second then realized it was.... :) plus my gas mileage just jumped up about 5 miles per gallon so thats nice. anyways, just thought id share this little story

Sorry to hear about your mother, glad she's o.k. One little spark plug caused that big of a vibration huh? I'd never have thought of that. Something to remember!

ya me either...i had just about everything else checked and OKed. the tranny, the electrical system, the drive shaft...etc etc etc...everything checked out. im not complaining though, cuz it runs better now then it ever has

Back