A/C Blower Fan only operates on High Position | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A/C Blower Fan only operates on High Position

dolphans1

Reaction score
City, State
Lone Star
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
Hey Guys,

I replaced my A/C blower motor because the last one was burn't. Now the new one only operates in the high spped fan position. It will not work in the slow and medium speed range. Do I need to replace the A/C blower fan switch?

d-1

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The resistor for the blower is blown. Replace the resistor and your fan will work like new. Search for Fan Resistor or Blower Resistor for more info.

Yes & chances are that was your orginal problem. You might not have had to replaced the blower motor.

You mean it may have been the reason my blower fan fried? Could very well be. I will replace it and let you guys know.

d-1

Jason94sport said:
Yes & chances are that was your orginal problem. You might not have had to replaced the blower motor.

Hey Guys thanks for the advice, it worked like a charm and I saved $150.00 in labor. I get all speeds with my A/C blower fan......I assumed it was the switch, but it was the resistor like you said.

Now if I can figure out why my cruise control wont work. I replaced the cruise servo, but that did not seem to do the trick. My brake lights work and th vacuume hoses look good.

Thanks again.....

d-1

Jason94sport said:

Back