• Register Today It's free!

a/c blows hot air

toolmanmullen

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mercury Mountaineer
I have a 2000 mountaineer premier with stock 5.0. This week I heard clicking noise from behind dash. A/C started blowing hot air. Temp controls are not working but all other controls are. Checked blend air door actuator and replaced (from Ford). New actuator is not working when I change temp setting. Checked fuse in fuse panel drivers side OK. Is there a relay or another fuse I'm missing?

Is the blend door itself broken? My actuator is fine but it just spins within my ghetto rigged broken door. I manually control my heat/ac now at the door itself.

Hi toolman, so, you have EATC, and you replaced the actuator, (of course you got the correct actuator since there is one for manual and a different one for the EATC). You plugged it back in and it still does not move. Is that correct?
If so, you need to remove the fuse for the EATC memory and reinstall it. This resets the EATC after actuator failure. check your manual for the fuse location, it is in the fuse panel inside the cabin.

Yes I bought the actuator from Ford - they said the actuators are vehicle specific and I needed to give them my VIN # to match correctly. Then after installing actuator I ran self diagnostic on system and got 025. I then cleared codes in system and heard actuator. A/C and heat controls seem to be working now but a/c doesn't seem as cold as before this all happened. Will check a/c charge today and see if low. Compressor is not cycling???

Back