A/C comes on when turning steering wheel | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A/C comes on when turning steering wheel

PGood

Reaction score
City, State
Wake Forest NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Ltd
I just noticed this happening this morning. I was getting on an On Ramp and turned the steering wheel to the right. All of a sudden, my A/C came on and set itself to LO and was running wide open. It happened multiple times at different speeds. It only happens when turning right. Anyone else experience this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just noticed this happening this morning. I was getting on an On Ramp and turned the steering wheel to the right. All of a sudden, my A/C came on and set itself to LO and was running wide open. It happened multiple times at different speeds. It only happens when turning right. Anyone else experience this?
I don't recall another post like this before. Could be a wiring harness issue? Not sure what the issue might be but it would be helpful if you added the now required "Trim Level" (Base, XLT, etc.) to your profile so it appears in the margin. Different 'trims' sometimes have different setups. Thanks.

Peter

I remember an error with Mercedes / if you wish to signal a left turn, only if you press the brake the left turn signal comes on... It was a bus error because of a failure of the (!) hood sensor ! Another (bus related) effect was this: installed a "cheap" LED in the taillight and the backup cam comes on while driving forward...
Both are bus related problems...

@PGood, any news ?
Have you installed something "electronical" in the period before the error occured ?

Nothing happened ?

Did you ever get a fix for this? My 2014 Ford Explorer air conditioner sets itself to LO when I make a left turn. I use the auto setting but have turned it off and have the same problem. Thanks

Did you ever get a fix for this? My 2014 Ford Explorer air conditioner sets itself to LO when I make a left turn. I use the auto setting but have turned it off and have the same problem. Thanks
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
FYI, the member you quoted was last seen here on October 20, 2020 so likely isn't following the thread any longer.
I don't know for sure if the steering wheel clock spring could cause that or not but it may be possible. Does the horn work?

Peter

Back