• Register Today It's free!

a/c delete questions.

Xplorer82

Reaction score
City, State
TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 Mountaineer 4.6L
I am in the middle of ripping my A/C out (all components). but have a few questions that came to mind

- first being that i do not have a ranger heater box w/out A/C yet (going to pull-a-part this weekend). so am i going to run into any problems just disconnecting the lines from the evaporator? should i somehow plug the ends of the lines left on the heater box for now. also am i going to have any problems using my heat with any of these lines disconnected?

- the lines going from the condenser to the compressor, after i disconnect them, should i plug those? or are they okay being "open" for now till i get the ranger box and shorter belt to delete the compressor.

- is the condenser in anyway tied in w/the radiator? (first timer with this A/C stuff)

I am not sure if i need to plug anything being the A/C unit is all separate (at least i believe it is?)

thanks for your time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well just got done cutting all the A/C lines out and removed the evaporator. drove it home from my buddies and had no problems. so to answer my own questions (and for others that might stumble across these questions)
- first being that i do not have a ranger heater box w/out A/C yet (going to pull-a-part this weekend). so am i going to run into any problems just disconnecting the lines from the evaporator? should i somehow plug the ends of the lines left on the heater box for now. also am i going to have any problems using my heat with any of these lines disconnected?
nope, if you just cut your lines out for now like i did, No you do not have to plug anything up.
and no, your heat will not be effected in anyway.

- the lines going from the condenser to the compressor, after i disconnect them, should i plug those? or are they okay being "open" for now till i get the ranger box and shorter belt to delete the compressor.
Again, Nope... cut away!

- is the condenser in anyway tied in w/the radiator? (first timer with this A/C stuff)
not 100% on this still, guessing not as i did not have antifreeze pouring out.

i did however had some of what looked like antifreeze in one of the A/C lines i cut out. not much, enough to make a little puddle on the floor...... not sure why.

Duralast Serp. Belt Part #'s

Hit autozone today and went thru 6 belts trying to find the best belt for A/C delete (since its cheaper for the belt then the bypass pulley).. if anyone has a SOHC and needs a shorter belt, the belt(s) you will need/want are::

705K6
or
710K6

those are duralast part #'s. not sure what is needed for another brand.

Hit autozone today and went thru 6 belts trying to find the best belt for A/C delete (since its cheaper for the belt then the bypass pulley).. if anyone has a SOHC and needs a shorter belt, the belt(s) you will need/want are::

705K6
or
710K6

those are duralast part #'s. not sure what is needed for another brand.

705k6 meaning 70.5 inchs, 6 rib?

I know this is a couple months old but did you do any other work on the conversion. Do you have any pictures or pointers?

I'm planning on removing my A/C compressor and lines, possibly convert to the A/C delete heater box to shed more weight and make more room.

Any info would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

Back