A/C Issue - Passenger Side Cold; Driver Side HOT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A/C Issue - Passenger Side Cold; Driver Side HOT

HHKFred2010

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010, XLT, 3.0
Hello All: I have a 2010 Explorer XLT. Issue is with the AC coming from the dash vents. Air coming from passenger side is 10 degrees colder than driver side. This vehicle does NOT have dual zone climate. Hope someone can help me understand what i need to fix. Do not want to take to dealer; that will be too expensive.
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Same issue with my 2009. Passenger side colder than driver's side. Low on refrigerant. Slow leak through the high pressure side Schrader valve. Elected to evac the system - replace the valve and re-pressurize.

do you have dual climate control?

No, the standard manual climate control.

btw - i just added freon and fixed the issue and it has been good two years now....

You problem could also be a weak compressor. You can test for this by hand spinning the compressor with the engine off. You should feel resistance and not be able to easily spin it. I had to replace mine this summer and it had the same symptoms as you have now.

Back