A/C Issue - Passenger Side Cold; Driver Side HOT | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

A/C Issue - Passenger Side Cold; Driver Side HOT

HHKFred2010

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010, XLT, 3.0
Hello All: I have a 2010 Explorer XLT. Issue is with the AC coming from the dash vents. Air coming from passenger side is 10 degrees colder than driver side. This vehicle does NOT have dual zone climate. Hope someone can help me understand what i need to fix. Do not want to take to dealer; that will be too expensive.
Thanks

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

kstrading

Reaction score
City, State
central ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Explorer XLT
Same issue with my 2009. Passenger side colder than driver's side. Low on refrigerant. Slow leak through the high pressure side Schrader valve. Elected to evac the system - replace the valve and re-pressurize.

<

Gorb

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer
do you have dual climate control?

<

kstrading

Reaction score
City, State
central ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Explorer XLT
No, the standard manual climate control.

<

HHKFred2010

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010, XLT, 3.0
btw - i just added freon and fixed the issue and it has been good two years now....

<

94Eddie

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Mountaineer Premier
You problem could also be a weak compressor. You can test for this by hand spinning the compressor with the engine off. You should feel resistance and not be able to easily spin it. I had to replace mine this summer and it had the same symptoms as you have now.

<