A/C problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A/C problem

SnakeHandler

Reaction score
I am having an A/C problem. When I switch my a/c on it takes anywhere from 5-15 minutes or so to engage. Once engaged it works great and blows ice cold. After I stop for a period of time, the aforementioned problem starts all over again. Does this sound like a clutch problem or something else?

Thanks All!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...It would help to know the yr/make/model engine, etc. of your vehicle...:scratch:

Mine on my 92 ex was room temp and needed to be charged...I charged it, blew out ICE cold, then slowly got a little warmer, well it was cold but not COLD, then it would get from room temp to cold back to room temp, now it doesnt even get cold

Thanks anyway. I think my best bet is to let the boys at Ford take a look at it. I have more money than time and the response to the thread has been staggering to say the least....NOT!!
I'll add this forum to my favorites in case I need help with muffler oil or something. Later!

...While waiting for an answer I often use the search function to resolve my repair problem's...:scratch:..I'm pretty sure you won't find muffler oil though...

search_EF.gif

Back