A/C pulley removal help is needed. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A/C pulley removal help is needed.

super292

Reaction score
City, State
Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 xls
Well first I'm a new member and glad to here. These posts on here have been very helpful to me and I'm grateful. I have a question about the a/c pulley on my 02. I, currently replacing the hub clutch, pulley, and the coil on the ac compressor. I've taken the belt off and the outer nut off(10mm) and pulled the clutch hub off, but now I'm stuck. To take the pulley off is there an snap ring in there I can't see or should I be able to work the pulley off. I can't get a good angle to see back in there. I put a good amount of pressure trying to work the pulley but can't get it. It feels as if there is a snap ring in there. Any help would be appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its a snug fit you will need a jaw puller or a rubber hammer to get it off once you remove the snap ring.

so there is a snap ring in there... It's kinda hard to see back in there I just assumed there was one

so there is a snap ring in there... It's kinda hard to see back in there I just assumed there was one

yeh one one the pulley should be at the front of it at the front of it a little in from the bolt, then the feild will also have a snap ring around it further in.

Back