a/c question 06 EB | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

a/c question 06 EB

ILLwill

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Eddie Bauer v8
Just wondering about something. I have an 06 Eddie Bauer with the 4.6.
The a/c system acts weird consistently, and I have rear a/c and dual zone in the front.
In the front, the fan will run at variable speeds, often slowing up or down without changing the dial speed at all. also, the right side front passenger vents put out MUCH colder air than the left side driver vents. This is with same temp settings on both sides. Does anyone have any idea why either of these would happen..?

Also, the rear a/c unit while turned off makes the oxygen tank "ssssssssssss" sound when it is turned completely off every minute or so. Its annoying.

Any help is appreciated. It has 96000 miles on it. -Will

Seems like allot of different issues, the dash unit would be the likely part there. I think there about 200 new or less used. Has anyone worked on this recently?
I have some issues w mine sometimes and the fan only works on high. I replaced the resistor module on the blower w a used one and nothing changed so I leave it for now.

I guess im lucky both parts still work though. No problems with the a/c yet that actually cause it not to work, but it does take a while to get cold

Back