Solved - A/C won't kick in unless I jump the low pressure cutoff switch. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved A/C won't kick in unless I jump the low pressure cutoff switch.

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.

Harold Hedges

Reaction score
City, State
Selkirk, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ranger Club Cab
I have no power at the Low Pressure cutoff switch? I have replaced the fuses, recharged the system. It will work and blow cold air if I jump the AC Compressor?

Harold Hedges

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! I've renamed your thread, and moved it into the A/C & heater section. It sounds like the system is low of freon or the switch is defective. There has to be voltage present on the switch or it won't activate the compressor clutch.

I know the low Pressure switch needs power to send it to the compressor and I have recharged the system checked for leaks and it will work if I jump the compressor and bypass the switches. The problem is that I can't find out why there is no power at the low Pressure switch? There is power at the AC Relay and I replace the AC fuses? I must be missing something?

Hi, This is Harold Hedges, I found the problem in my AC. It was the Temp Control Sensor behind the glove compartment. It would not send the power to the Low Cutoff Switch to send power to turn the AC Compressor on.
So it is Fixed now.

Thanks this is a Great site,

Harold

Thanks for updating with the fix, Harold- glad you got your truck fixed! :thumbsup:

I traced the wires from the AC switch on the controls to the Low cutoff switch on the drier and found the Temp control sensor behined the glove box. It was stuck open, cleaned it and it worked.

Back