A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

Sync/MFT Update Glitches--USB Disconnecting +

The dealer did my install. I am getting some weird glitches. Anyone else?
1) After an hour or so the usb port loses connection to my iPhone.
2) After an hour or so the Sirius disconnects and the Entertainment goes off.
3) The Shuffle indicator is not in sync with the iPhone when doing a Shuffle for All. and you can't turn the Shuffle off.
4) When a call comes in, it doesn't always display on the main display if it is playing music via the usb port. Just shows up on the driver display.

I have pulled the fuse but that doesn't fix it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The dealer did my install. I am getting some weird glitches. Anyone else?
1) After an hour or so the usb port loses connection to my iPhone.
2) After an hour or so the Sirius disconnects and the Entertainment goes off.
3) The Shuffle indicator is not in sync with the iPhone when doing a Shuffle for All. and you can't turn the Shuffle off.
4) When a call comes in, it doesn't always display on the main display if it is playing music via the usb port. Just shows up on the driver display.

I have pulled the fuse but that doesn't fix it.
Try doing a Master Reset from the MFT screen. I don't know if that would do the trick. If not, back to the dealer i guess.

Peter

and after you do a master reset, if you ever plan on going out of town, make them replace the piece of junk fan assembly whatever that ruined my trip to San Francisco

When will I get the Packet with USB and NAV

I got the letter and RAN to the dealership to have MFT updated. It is better, however still have problems with the NAV being lost (good thing I test when I know where I am). The dealer called next day and said I needed to take some USB thing in so they could get paid - they stated I would get that and SD card for the navigation. Well so far NOTHING from Ford. Any thoughts?

I got the letter and RAN to the dealership to have MFT updated. It is better, however still have problems with the NAV being lost (good thing I test when I know where I am). The dealer called next day and said I needed to take some USB thing in so they could get paid - they stated I would get that and SD card for the navigation. Well so far NOTHING from Ford. Any thoughts?
Do you have an account on www.syncmyride.com ? If you do, does it say that you have to get the dealer to do the update? If you don't have an account, it is advisable to set one up. If it had to be a dealer install, then you will not receive anything in the mail regarding a USB flash drive or an A3 navigation SD card. That would be dealer installed and supplied. Not having seen a letter myself, I assume it would describe what is to happen.
By the way, welcome to the Forum jsbct.:wavey:

Peter

I had the upgrade fix installed about two months ago.

This version works very well, compared to the original and associated patches.

It has only gone "black screen" once since the install. Prior to that it was weekly.

I would like it to be more responsive, but can live with it as is.

And yes, I would like the temp gauge back in the middle. I have a hard time reading the small indicator on the drivers side. JMO.

I had the upgrade fix installed about two months ago.

This version works very well, compared to the original and associated patches.

It has only gone "black screen" once since the install. Prior to that it was weekly.

I would like it to be more responsive, but can live with it as is.

And yes, I would like the temp gauge back in the middle. I have a hard time reading the small indicator on the drivers side. JMO.

I too have had the update for a couple of months and things are MUCH better. I have had a few things go wrong too like iphone bluetooth sync not establishing when playing music (happening with more frequency as of late) and the "music" button on bottom left corner not responding to touch. However, this new update is so much better than what I was experiencing before.

My opinion? The need to abandon MFT moving forward. Start from scratch with a completely new system designed from the ground up, not duct tape and bailing wire upgrades to the existing system. And they can't call it MyFord Touch. That name is tainted.

Of course we're talking a couple of model years from now to do something like that, but for Ford's sake I hope it's in the works. Other manufacturers are coming out with similar systems that actually function well. None of this helps us though.

Do you have an iPad, iPhone or a Droid? Nice platforms, they are, but even they need upgrades when new techno becomes available. It's inevitable...

As for my system, I am happy with it. My ONLY issue is that when I get into mine, the system defaults to the Trailer Anti-Sway "On". I have found that this setting makes the steering light and the truck wanders easily. When I turn it off, the steering firms up and it is much more pleasant.

I wish there was a way to make it STAY off.

Do you have an iPad, iPhone or a Droid? Nice platforms, they are, but even they need upgrades when new techno becomes available. It's inevitable...

As for my system, I am happy with it. My ONLY issue is that when I get into mine, the system defaults to the Trailer Anti-Sway "On". I have found that this setting makes the steering light and the truck wanders easily. When I turn it off, the steering firms up and it is much more pleasant.

I wish there was a way to make it STAY off.
I just checked mine and it was ON. I set it to OFF and when I turned the vehicle back on the Sway control was also back to ON. It seems that it wasn't this way prior to the MFT upgrade. I can't honestly say that I notice light steering and wandering. I'll make a point of turning it OFF next time I take it out and see.

Peter

Peter

I just checked mine and it was ON. I set it to OFF and when I turned the vehicle back on the Sway control was also back to ON. It seems that it wasn't this way prior to the MFT upgrade. I can't honestly say that I notice light steering and wandering. I'll make a point of turning it OFF next time I take it out and see.

Peter

Peter

It's defaulted to on since day 1. It's done for liability reasons. That way you can't forget to turn it on if you're pulling a trailer. It's safer to drive without a trailer and it engaged than with a trailer and it not engaged.

Personally, I'd like to be able to have it off or on at my bidding, not the computer's.

It's defaulted to on since day 1. It's done for liability reasons. That way you can't forget to turn it on if you're pulling a trailer. It's safer to drive without a trailer and it engaged than with a trailer and it not engaged.

Personally, I'd like to be able to have it off or on at my bidding, not the computer's.
Thanks for the info. I thought that I looked at it once prior to the update and I was sure it was OFF. I set it to ON just to see if I could since I don't have the tow package.
I agree that it would be nice to have control over the setting. Those without the package don't need it set to ON. If you think about it, why have the option to turn it ON or OFF in the first place if it always defaults to ON?

Peter

hey I have a 2012 ordered last year, I never updated MFT, is there an update that I should, I never received anything in the mail or was told that I need an update when I received my last oil change. I received my Ex in october 2012

hey I have a 2012 ordered last year, I never updated MFT, is there an update that I should, I never received anything in the mail or was told that I need an update when I received my last oil change. I received my Ex in october 2012
Check www.syncmyride.com and see what it shows for your MFT version. The latest version is Gen 2 V3.0.2. That website also advised owners if they had to go to the dealer. If the outside temp display is still next to the time on the MFT screen, you don't have the latest version. You will likely have to take it to your dealer then to have it upgraded and to get a new A3 SD Nav card if you have Navigation.
Bottom line is that Ford's communications with the owners was very poorly handled. The only notice I received was an email in Nov. 2011 saying an update was in the works. Nothing else was ever received.

Peter

Hi, clickclack!

Peter pointed out a couple ways to see if you have the newest software on your Explorer, but if you received your X prior to March of this year, you'll more than likely need to visit your dealer for the 3.0.2 upgrade. If you'd like, send me a private message with your VIN and I will check your software version for you. :)

Rebecca

The NAV still leaves MUCH to be desired even after the upgrade!! I work in NYC and park my car in many indoor lots. I am still experiencing the issue where if the vechicle is started while indoors, I obviously won't have a GPS signal right then and there. However, once im finally outside, the GPS takes extremely long (10-15 mins) to catch a satellite signal. This is not intermittent. It happens EVERYTIME. When I look at the map, it shows me almost a 1/4mi away from my actual location. Sometimes if I set a destination I literally pull over and wait for the GPS to catch a signal before I head out. VERY frustrating!! This was happening both prior to and after the upgrade so I know it's not a simple 'have the dealer take a look' sort of problem. It's def a programming issue.

The NAV still leaves MUCH to be desired even after the upgrade!! I work in NYC and park my car in many indoor lots. I am still experiencing the issue where if the vechicle is started while indoors, I obviously won't have a GPS signal right then and there. However, once im finally outside, the GPS takes extremely long (10-15 mins) to catch a satellite signal. This is not intermittent. It happens EVERYTIME. When I look at the map, it shows me almost a 1/4mi away from my actual location. Sometimes if I set a destination I literally pull over and wait for the GPS to catch a signal before I head out. VERY frustrating!! This was happening both prior to and after the upgrade so I know it's not a simple 'have the dealer take a look' sort of problem. It's def a programming issue.

Sorry to hear your having problems. I love the new nav. Only once in a while do I lose signal or when comming out of a parking garage it takes a minute or two to acquire if there are lots of tall buildings around. When you lose signal nav can only approximate your location. Therfore I do not believe it's a programming issue. I think you have a hardware problem such as gps antenna or gps receiver. Or maybe just too many tall buildings... How many satellites is your system acquiring?

Isn't that information available when you put the system into diagnostics mode?

Yes you are correct....diagnostic mode shows how many sats.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hannibalhector, Here's a link to another thread about sat. reception. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353565&highlight=diagnostic+mode

From what I understand you need four or more satellites to get a fix.

Also just caught a little bit of some tv show talking about onstar and nav and they said besides nav receiver there are wheel and body sensors sending info to the onboard computer to help inprove positioning. Guess that's why when you loose signal while driving it still knows where you are for a little while before sending you into a lake.:D

Peter, Here you go.. (from Baxterdown 08/2011)

How to put MFT - MyFord Touch into diagnostics mode

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, a friend gave me a tip yesterday. To enter MyFord Touch (Limited with Sony radio) into diagnostics mode:

- Make sure there is no CD in the system
- Set MFT to AM/FM
- Press and hold the eject button and...
- Immediately after press and hold the right arrow on the center wheel while still holding the eject button
- Hold both buttons pressed for about 12 seconds
- Screen goes black and MFT enters diagnostics mode

The system defaults to a speaker tone test which starts immediately. You can cancel it on the screen.

PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Back